God, Please don't take the girl!

(sixteen days later. Ross' Birthday.)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSS!!" I was awoken by my family screaming in my ear. I jumped up and looked at them with wide eyes.

"holy shit guys.' I laughed. 'thank you." I said standing up and hugging all of them. 

"hurry up and get dressed. after your done come down stairs to eat breakfast. then we are going somewhere." my dad told me. I thought about Skylar. I just wanted to be with her today too...

"okay." I mumbled and ran to the bathroom. I took a shower, got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, a bright yellow tee shirt with my black leather jacket over it. I blow dried my hair and combed it then brushed my teeth. I sprayed on some colone and smiled. I walked down stairs, ate then followed my family out to the car. They blind folded me for the entire ride, once we got there they guided me to where ever we were going. 

"ready." Rydel giggled as she moved away from me. 

"okay. take it off." Riker yelled. I took off the blind fold and looked at everyone.

"SURPRISE!" they yelled as they shot confetti at me. My jaw was slightly dropped as I looked around. I was standing in the middle of Skylar's hospital room... her whole room was decorated yellow with a banner and balloons, cake, everything. I looked over seeing Skylar laying there peacefully.

"thank you guys so much!!" I said and hugged them all. 

"it's the least we could do." Rocky chuckled. I smiled and walked over to Skylar.

"hey baby!! I wish you could see this! it's...' I paused and looked around again. 'amazing." I chuckled.

~

later on around noon we were all just hanging out when the doctor came in. he walked in and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Ross... I'm sorry to say this... but if Skylar doesn't wake up today... then... tomorrow we... were pulling the plug." he told me, my jaw dropped open.

"no please don't do that. give her more time. I know she will wake up, just please." he shook his head. 

"I'm sorry." he sighed and walked out. I looked to the bed and let a tear fall.

"no..."

"hey Ross... it's okay. I'm sure she'll wake up dude." Rocky told me.

"I know she's strong, she can do it." Rydel smiled. 

"you should have fun though, today is your birthday." Ryland chuckled and started making me dance. By the time Ryland had me dancing I kept telling myself she will wake up...

~

A the day went on,  we hung out in Skylar's room and danced, sang, ate cake. Luke was here as well singing and dancing too. we were all having a ball... that was until something... I dreaded happened...

"wooaahhh." I sang loudly, everyone was laughing at me. I heard a screech coming from the heart monitor next to Skylar and looked over at it. Everyone stopped and looked at it too. It was going nuts. Before I could take a step... the long beeping echoed through the room, my eyes widened as I lunged forward.

"No Baby!!!!" I screamed and grabbed her hand in mine. The doctors flooded the room. My family all stood there in shock, covering their mouths with tears falling from their eyes. The doctors started to try and revive her but nothing was working. "Please baby. don't leave me!!" I cried and kissed the top of her cold hand. "god please. I'll do anything, just please don't take her. Take me, take my last breath, I'll do anything to trade places with her. Don't make her go..." I Whimpered. "please god!" just as I thought it was no use, she was gone... the beeping turned short again as her chest began to rise and fall. I slightly smiled and kissed her head. The doctors left as I stayed close, holding my baby's hand tightly, never letting go. "I almost lost her." I breathed as I wiped my eyes. "I can't loose her." I mumbled and sat down beside her. I looked out the window and into the sky. "thank you god." I whispered and closed my eyes. now if only she could wake up... I looked at everyone standing there looking at me. I stood up and looked to Riker. "I'll be right back." I said and walked out. I ran out of the hospital and collapsed onto the ground, I held my head between my hands and sobbed for a moment. I pressed my hands tightly together and prayed again.

"please lord.

I know I have been asking a lot lately...

please I am begging you don't take her. 

I would rather die, right here, right now,

then see her go. I will do anything, be anything.

just please.

Amen!" 

I cried and begged. I stood up and wiped my eyes. I walked back into the hospital and to Skylar's room. Everyone looked at me seeing I was crying even more. My mom ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"shh Ross. It will be okay. it will be okay." she told me. I looked over at Skylar and sighed.

"lord I hope so." 

~

later everyone decided they would go home. they all wished me... a happy... birthday then left. I sat beside Skylar and sighed.

"I can't believe I almost lost you..." I mumbled to myself. I sat there with tears streaming down my face for a while. Yeah... I know it's my birthday... and I shouldn't cry... but the though that I almost lost her... I almost lost my baby, the only thing on this planet that I have to live for... it kills me inside. It's the end of the day... by tomorrow afternoon... Skylar will be dead... they are going to pull the plug on her... how could I have let this happen? 

"Ross." The doctor said to me as he set his hand on my shoulder. I looked up.

"yes?"

"tomorrow morning. at nine." he said, I couldn't hold it back any longer... I let out a whimper and began crying my eyes out. "I'm so sorry." he sighed and left.

"no... Why does this have to happen? I can't bare to loose her... They can't do it... they can't just give up!!" I yelled and sobbed more. "baby I need you!!" I thought for a moment then got down on my knees. I began singing don't take the girl, by Tim McGraw.

"Take the very breath you gave me

Take the heart from my chest

I'll gladly take her place if you'll let me

make this my last request

Take me out of this world

God, please don't take the girl!"

I sang. it was true, Take me... not her. I sat back in the chair and rested my head against the bed.

"Happy birthday Ross..."