Gotta...

(The next day.) Still Skylar's P.O.V.

I was sitting beside Ellington as we talked about random stuff. He was telling me about how Kelly and him broke up but they are happy. El is such a sweetheart and is very romantic, he's funny and loves to laugh. I watched as everyone else came in and sat down, they all looked to me and smiled, including El. Ross wasn't here at the time, he had to go pick up some grocery's for his mom. 

"Skylar." Mark said and smiled.

"yes?" I looked at everyone. 

"well we figured since everything worked out between you and Ross, would you like to come to New York with us?" Mark asked me, I looked at them all.

"oh... um...' I paused as they all kept their eyes glued to me. 'I would love to' before I could say anything Rydel and Riker jumped up and hugged me. 'but...' they pulled back with sad faces. 'I can't."

"why not?" Riker pouted.

"um... well... don't tell Ross this yet but I got a reply back from that job... I know it's not something I want to do... but I need to pay for my bills and car, It's a simple job... and plus... I'm sure you all want to spend family time there, I don't want to get in the way of anything..." I told them, Mark stood up and grabbed both of my hands then pulled me to my feet. 

"Skylar, you are part of this family." he hugged me.

"thank you Mark... but it's okay really. I'll be fine here, after all it is only a couple months..." I sighed knowing how slow it would go without Ross...

"Skylar I know you can't go without seeing Ross for a while. just come! It'll be a blast." Rydel said setting her hand on my shoulder.

"no really guys, you leave tomorrow... go have fun in New York." I smiled at all of them.

"pleaseee-" Rydel was cut off by Ross walking in the door and looking at us. I smiled at him.

"please what?" he questioned.

"nothing babe.' I looked at them and walked over to him. 'Rydel wanted to do my make up but I wouldn't let her." I chuckled.

"oh." he chuckled.

"um... yeah so... do ya wanna hang at my house for tonight?" I quietly asked, I looked at everyone and saw them look at me sadly.

"uh...' Ross looked at everyone. 'yeah..." I smiled.

~

We walked into my flat and sat down on the couch. Ross laid down pulling me with him, I positioned myself so I was comfortable and kissed his chest. He turned on the TV and put on NCIS.. After a while of watching it, I reached over and grabbed the remote. I shut the TV off and sat up, I knew this would be hard telling him, only because he would hate it.

"babe? what's wrong?" He said sitting up and resting his hand on my back.

"I have to tell you something..." I looked at him, I could see the worries in his eyes. 

"what is it?"

"I know you won't like this but... I'm not coming..." he looked at me confused. "I'm not going with you guy's to New York..." His eyes widened. I stood up and walked into the kitchen putting my mug in the sink.

"what? baby why? please!" He quickly followed me and grabbed my hand.

"Ross I can't..."

"why not?" he looked into my eyes sadly.

"because I just got a job, and I have to pay my bills somehow... plus you should spend time with your family." I told him.

"baby please just come.' he sighed and grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him. 'please, I need you. I can't leave you behind, it'll hurt to much." he mumbled.

"babe it's only for a couple of months. It'll hurt me too... but we'll be fine. after, when you come home we can spend ever waking second together." I smiled.

"no... I don't want to go a day without you, no hour, no second, I always want to be with you! I can't be without you." he fell on his knees in front of me. "please baby! I am begging you to come." I grabbed his hands and pulled him back to his feet.

"come on babe, let's go to bed." I said and pulled him to my bedroom. I grabbed my pj's and changed in my bathroom then brushed my teeth. I walked out seeing Ross changed and already in bed. I shut off the lights and laid down next to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and slid it up my shirt till it rested on my ribs. He leaned his head behind mine and kissed behind my ear.

"please." he whispered. I closed my eyes.

"I love you Ross! goodnight." he sighed.

"I love you too baby. goodnight." he moved his hand onto my stomach and pulled me closer to him. I shut my eyes again and slowly began to fall asleep.

-

everything was black... I heard aloud screech like a car... then a scream. there was aloud crash as I heard multiple cracks of bones... Someone breathed heavily and sobbed, I still couldn't see anything but darkness...

"Riker!!" I heard myself yell.

-

I woke up and shook off the dream, My throat felt dry so I got up and walked to my kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and sat at th table to drink it before I went back to bed. Why'd I yell for Riker... Was it him who crashed? I tried to forget about it and went back to bed. I kept waking up from the same dream again and again... finally I had fallen peacefully asleep around one but had a different nightmare.

-

"no! Stop! Get away from me! stop please!" I cried out, Will had me pinned against a wall as he tried touching me. "get away!!" he laughed and bit my neck. I cried out in pain as blood rushed down my chest. He laughed again and slid a knife from behind his back. "no... no, no please don't!!" I begged. he smiled as slid it down my arm, I screamed in agony. He pulled it away from me and cut my shirt from my body, he then slid the knife down my chest ripping the skin, spilling blood, as I cried and screamed for mercy.

"oh Skylar!!" he yelled in my face. I tried kicking him away, he pinned me harder against the wall. "Skylar!" I kept thrashing around trying to get away. "Skylar! Baby!! Stop! it's okay." I heard as everything went black.

-

I shot up and looked in front of me, Ross sat there looking at me worriedly. He reached out and gently touched my face.

"baby? it's okay. What's wrong? what happened? it was just a nightmare, it's okay." he tried calming me, he hugged me tight as I calmed myself. "what happened in your nightmare?" he asked. I just shook my head.

"nothing, it's okay." I told him, I knew if I told him about what happened he would never leave without me. I looked over seeing his two suitcases and his leather jacket draped over one. I sighed and looked at my hands. I looked back up into his eyes and mumbled

"you gotta go..."