Tornado.

I woke up to a loud crash of thunder. I sat up and ran my fingers through my long brown, strait hair. I honestly hate thunder storms... they kind of... well scare me. but this isn't just a thunder storm. I looked over seeing my balcony door wide open, my eyes widened as I quickly stood up and ran over to it. I looked outside, it was pouring and you could barely see anything in front of you. The wind blew strong pushing my hair behind me, I quickly grabbed the door knobs and went to shut the doors. A loud crash of thunder made me jump, I watched lighting hit just beside the rocks outside my balcony. I squeaked and slammed the doors, locking them.

I let out a breath and walked to my kitchen, I grabbed a glass of water and sat down at my table. My heart was racing, I really hate storms. I kept saying to myself. another loud bang made me jump, almost spilling my water. I quickly walked over to my TV and turned the news on. they said that we are in for some severe tornado's... they predicted where they would be... I noticed one was supposed to hit around here.

I gulped and turned it off. I was totally freaked out by the storm but now terrified from this tornado hitting. I looked out my window seeing the sky in almost a swirling pattern. I shook my head and shut my curtians again. I sighed and sat down calming myself. 

"everything will be fine." I assured myself. Another loud crash of thunder rumbled my flat. I ran down to my room and grabbed my phone, I was to scared to be angry at Ross anymore. I quickly dialed his number and put it on speaker.

"hello?" he grumbled sleepily.

"Ross." I let out a sigh.

"Skylar? what's going on?" he asked.

"um... nothing... just the storm woke me up and... I um..." I shook my head seeing how ridiculous this is. 

"you're scared?" he finished for me.

"yea... and were in for a tornado..." I mumbled, it was silent for a moment.

"do you want me to come over?" he tempted.

"please." I quietly responded.

"alright just stay inside. I'll be there soon okay?"

"okay. thank you... Ross?"

"yea?"

"I love you!" I smiled.

"I love you too baby!" replied. I hung up and sat down again feeling a little relieved. I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard a branch outside snap. I walked to my bathroom and threw my hair into a messy bun then splashed some water on my face. I wiped my face and slipped on a jumper and some socks. it became cold, fast. I walked back into my living room just as the lights flickered.

"oh please don't go out on-" I got out before my power went out. "me." I finished and groaned. I looked around in the pitch black barely able to see anything. I tried walking over to the couch when I slammed my bad knee into the corner of my coffee table. "ow! Dammit!" I almost shouted and sat down rubbing my knee. I heard a rustle outside my flat and took in a breath. they knocked, I ran over knowing it was Ross. I quickly unlocked the door and opened it. Ross pushed himself inside and shut the door, locking it. I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled myself against his body. He hugged me tightly to him and kissed my forehead.

"Baby... I'm so sorry for how I was acting... I know it was wrong to tell you those things and try to control you. sometimes I just get jealous. I'm sorry babe. I love you more than anything!" he said. I smiled.

"I'm sorry too. for saying some of those things I did... and for kicking you out. I love you too Ross!" he smiled and shook out his wet hair. 

"did the power go out?" he asked me.