small scare.

Skylar's P.O.V.

I had no clue on what was going on... all I knew was I was in the hospital, in a coma... that's it. Once in a while I would hear a word or two from the people around me... I pretty much just sat there in the darkness waiting... waiting for light to fill my vision, waiting for the warmth of the sun to fill my pours. It was cold here, cold and dark... I didn't like it. I haven't heard Ross' voice in what seems like forever... I wish he'd speak to me... tell me that all of this is going to be alright... tell me that I'll wake up soon, tell me I can see him soon,kiss him soon, feel his warm, strong embrace soon. 

I thought I heard someone walk in... but I wasn't sure. I heard the door close and footsteps coming towards me. 

"he-hey baby..." I heard Ross mumble. I felt his warm hand against my cold cheek, the sparks made my cheek tingle... "I'm so sorry...' he sounded like he was about to cry. 'baby... I can't loose you. please, please don't leave me." he sobbed. he pulled his hand away and sniffled. "I-I um... thought I'd sing for you... I know you use to like it when I sang." He said, I smiled even though he couldn't see me. I love it when he sings, I love his soft, velvet voice. I heard him start strumming the cords to Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. then he began to sing.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

La La (La La)

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh.

I wanted to reach out and pull him into my arms. He was crying, crying hard... He rested his head on my chest and gripped my hand in his. I felt his tears fall on my chest making me want to scream for him, I wanted him to stop crying over me... I didn't want him upset, I was only in a coma...

"baby! please come back to me! I need you. I've said this over and over again but I do!! The doctors said you may not wake up. He told me... he told me... your dying! Please baby, please just come back to me." he croaked. I was dying... "you need to wake up!! if you don't they'll pull the plug. I can't, baby I can't... I need to be with you!" he whimpered. 

"Ross please. Stop crying... I'll try my best, I'm trying my best to wake up. I want to see you! I miss you!!" I yelled hoping some how, some way he would hear me.

"baby please!" he cried more then sat up. I could no longer feel his skin on mine, the sparks were gone... "I won't leave your side! I won't do it! baby please, just please wake up. you need to survive this, I know your strong enough too... I know you can do this! I believe in you baby girl. just please come back to me." he said. I felt his hands cup my face and his lips gently press onto mine. I tried moving my lips but nothing worked... I couldn't control my own body anymore... 

Ross' P.O.V.

I laid in the chair all day, never once leaving to go eat. I only used the bathroom, but that was it. A nurse walked in and set down a cup of water in front of me. I looked up at her and smiled.

"I thought you might like something to drink... you've been sitting here all day... would you like anything to eat?" she asked me.

"no thanks, but thank you for the water." I smiled again, she nodded and walked out of the room. I sat back in the chair and sighed. I heard a loud screech behind me and turned around. the heart monitor was going nuts. the short beeping started going faster and faster, it was going so fast I couldn't keep up... I looked at Skylar, she was still out. the heart monitor kept flipping out so I pressed the button for the doctor. One doctor ran in then three others. they pushed me out of the way and ran around Skylar, they were all talking all together so I couldn't understand them. 

"what's going on!?" I asked. 

"her heart rate is speeding up. we can't seem to slow it down." one of them told me.

"what does that mean?" 

"it means she could have a heart attack!" he yelled and propped her head up with another pillow.

"what! well what are you going to do!??" I shouted.

"one of the other doctors took a large needle off the tray beside him and stuck it into her chest, he pushed the liquid into her body and pulled it out. I shivered as I watched it come out of her skin. About a minute passed of all of us looking at the heart monitor. finally her heart rate had slowly started slowing down until it was back to normal. we all sighed in relief, they walked out and left me alone with her again. I walked over and sat down.

"baby, please don't scare me like that again! please wake up. I need you! baby... I love you!" I said and gently kissed her soft cold lips. I laid back in the chair and dozed off to sleep.