Problem?

I laid back and thought of somethings to do before the storm hits. Maybe I'll go grocery shopping? yeah I need to get some stuff anyway. I grabbed a pad of paper and pen then walked into my kitchen. I started writing some of the items of food down that I need. I wrote down other random items that i thought i needed. I grabbed my jacket and wallet then left. As I walked out I remembered something... I don't have a car... Fuck! I quickly looked at the time, four o-clock... already. I thought of calling Ross but I'm still mad at him. I scrolled through my contacts looking for someone to call. I was going to call Delly and see if she could take me when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back seeing Jesse... I smiled and hugged him.

"hey I haven't seen you in forever." I laugh as he hugs me back tighter.

"yeah I heard you were in an accident. Riker told me you were out for a month and had a couple days before they pulled the plug on you...' I could see the hurt in his eyes... 'I wanted to come see you so bad, but I new Ross would throw a fit. I'm so glad you are okay though!" he smiled and hugged me again. "oh... um... by the way... about the last time I was with you... you know when Ross was in New York... I'm really sorry about that..." I smiled and shook my head.

"no, no, it's fine. it's in the past anyway. so how have you been?" I ask

"um... I've been good, I guess." he tries to give me a smile. 

"Jesse what's going on? what's wrong?" I question and grab his hand giving it a light squeeze.

"um... nothing just um... well... turns out I have a brother..." he mumbled. My eyes widened in surprise.

"what? how? I thought your parent's died when you were eight?" I looked at him in shock.

"yeah... well my mom had a child before me... he's only three years older than me but they never told me. They put him up for adoption when he was born. I don't know why they never told me... but I guess hes coming here in a couple of weeks. I'm kind of scared to meet him but then again I think it will be nice."

"that's really awesome. I hope you guys get along and have fun!" I smile.

"yeah me too. but um... anyway... so what are you doing out here?" he asks.

"oh... well I was going to go grocery shopping before the storm but... I don't exactly have a car." I laugh. He chuckles and looks at my list. 

"I'll take you." he says quietly.

"oh no really it's okay. i'll just do it some other time." I assure him.

"no I insist. plus that storm seems pretty bad and coming fast so please. may I take you?" he laughed and holds out his arm. What a goof ball... but I love it... did I just think that?

"alright. Thank you!!" I giggle as I wrap my arm with his. He pulls me to his car and opens the passenger door for me. I smile and get in thanking him again. I watch as he swiftly walks over to the drivers side and gets in. We drive over to the market and park, as I unbuckle I see him sit there. "would you like to come in with me?" I laugh, he nods and follows me into the store. He grabs a cart for me and decides to push it, I giggle as I start putting things in the cart. He takes off running with it and jumps onto the bar.

"woohoo!" He yells, I burst out laughing and cover my mouth so I'm not loud. He stops and slides over to me with the cart. I just continue to giggle, he laughs with me and we continue to shop. Finally we finish and leave. When we get back he helps me carry all the groceries up and put them away. We both plop down on my couch and laugh.

"hey want some ice cream?" I say standing up and going into the kitchen. 

"would love some!" he chuckles as he follows me. We get out ice cream and sit back on the couch. We sit Indian style facing each other and start catching up. I sticks his index finger in his bowl scooping some whip cream on it, he smiles at me as he taps my nose putting the whip cream on it. I giggle and do the same to him. 

"you look cute!!" he laughs.

"so do you!" I reply. he chuckles and puts more on my cheek, I laugh harder and harder as he keeps trying but fails since it wont come off his finger. I touch his cheek with some and he wips it off his face. "hey I was having fun!" I giggle again and wipe mine off.

"so was I." he smiles and puts more on my nose. I hear my door open and there stands Ross... He looks at me then Jesse but back to me. Anger fills his eyes as he takes the scene in. I quickly wipe my nose and look at Jesse. "I think I should go..." he mumbles. Ross storms over and grabs Jesse by his jacket.

"What the hell do you think your doing!?" Ross yells at him. Jesse tries removing Ross' hands but fails to. I quickly stand up and grab Ross' arm.

"Ross stop! let go of him, he didn't so anything. We were just hanging out." I tell him. Ross lets go of Jesse but watches him walk to the door. Before he walks out I run over and hug him. "I had fun tonight. Thank you again, and sorry about Ross..." I say to Jesse. 

"I did too. and don't be. I'll see you later. bye." he smiles and walks out. I shut the door and turn to look at Ross, I lean against the door and cross my arms.

"What the hell is your problem!?" I yell at him and walk over, I pick up the bowls and walk into the kitchen. 

"What the hell is my problem!? What the hell is yours!! I come in here to find you and Jesse flirting!!" He shouts and follows me. I turn around and look into his eyes since he's only a foot away. 

"We wern't flirting!! Ross I don't know why I have to keep explaining this to you! You just can't seem to understand it." I say and walk into my room. once again he follows.

"I understand perfectly! I can't trust you! I came here to apologize but I think you are the one who needs to!" he hollered.

"For what!? I'm apologizing to you for anything!! Now please just leave me alone!" I hissed at him. 

"no I am not leaving until you apologize! I don't want you hanging around him anymore!! You hear me!?" he continued to argue.

"Yeah Ross Loud and Clear!! but I'm not going to listen to you!! You have no right over me!! Jesse is my friend! And... and if you can't except that then... then leave!" I snap. He stopped and looked up into my eyes. hurt flashed through them... it was so quiet you could hear a needle drop. The wind outside was getting worse, it creaked the side of the building and blew my curtains open from the window being slightly open. 

"what?" He muttered.

"you heard me!" 

"Skylar... I..." 

"No Ross just please. go." I mumbled taking a deep breath. He ran his fingers through his hair and turned around. I followed him to the front door, he opened it and looked back at me.

"I love you." he said. I wanted to just hug him and hold him close to me. I wanted to say I love you back but I just looked at him. he looked down and bit his lip then left. Once he shut the door behind him I locked it and sighed leaning against it again. I pushed myself up and shut all the windows and curtains. I went into my room and shivered, I quickly shut the window and locked it. I slipped on some sweat pants and a tank top then climbed into bed, Shutting the lights off. I looked up at the ceiling and just thought, I could have Ross laying beside me right now. I could be cuddling with him and smiling. But I'm not... I want to know what's going on with him...

As I thought, I slowly drifted asleep.