chapter 13

early the next morning...

reader pov

i had fallen asleep after shika got dont talking my ear off about....everything. literally everything. i dont know if it was nerves or what but the guy talks a mile a minute. guess everyone cant be perfect. its like i only can choose from how much and what kinda crazy. its either obsessive masochist named hidan, buff clingy possessive teady bear named kiba, or a smart chatterbox named shikamaru. i dont know...maybe i just have high standards for who i want to call my boyfriend. im not looking for mr right. im looking for mr right-for-me. that's the best way to put it. i dont know. maybe im just afraid of settling. they all have stuff wrong with them. shit. whats wrong with me? im sure there is something that people wont like about me. do i talk to much? am i a bit clingy? possessive? i dont know cause i haven't been in a relationship longer than a few hours. i carefully moved a sleeping shika off my chest and got out of bed. i carefully left the room and headed to the shower. i reached for the door when it opened, revealing kiba in a towel drying his hair. he stopped and looked at me for a long time. "i kinda need a shower," i gestured to the shower behind him. he grunted, a dark blush coming over his cheeks. "i wish you would have taken my virginity," he grumbled as he walked by me. i sighed. i headed in and took a shower. its....kinda heart wrenching hearing how kiba lost his virginity. makes how i lost mine look like child's play. i dont wanna treat him differently out of pity but....damn. i cant help but see him a little bit differently. its like...you i can see why he is the way he is now. clingy when someone looks at him with genuine interest. possessive when he feels his relationship is threatened. not to mention that he doesn't like it gentle or soft core and its not his fault. he was violently raped and that is the only way he can feel it. derive any kinda pleasure from it. i dont want to feel obligated to date him out of pity but still. im kinda reconsidering how i broke up with him. he tried so hard to get me back. i sighed. i stepped out the shower and toweled off. i sighed. now im kinda curious about this obito guy. kinda pisses me off that he did all that shit to kiba when he is such a great guy. i headed back to shika's room.

he groaned when i opened the door. he looked at me. a chuckle. "sooo....i was thinking and....i want you to be my boyfriend," he said as he sat up. i sighed. "i....i dont know, shika. i mean....we only just got busy. ya just lost your virginity. i feel like you should explore your options before settling down," i scratched my head nervously. he sighed, hanging his head. "yeah, i figured you would say something like that. was it last night when i talked your ear off?" he asked. "actually its a bunch of things but yeah that was part of it. i....i kinda feel bad for how i treated kiba. after hearing that story, i sorta feel like an asshole. im not saying i dont wanna date you, or him for that matter, but...we should start off a friends. id like to see if kiba is more than his obsession and trauma," i said it the best way i could. he snapped his fingers, "darn it," he grumbled to himself obviously regretting telling me that story. i started getting dressed. "will you at least swing by more often? i sure me and kiba would be bummed to only be able to see you in tsunade's class," he scratched his head. i shrugged. "ive been thinking about joining a club to get out the house. any suggestions?" i asked. i put on my shirt and zipped it up. i grabbed my keys. "its a bunch of them. im in the chess and math clubs cause im a nerd. kiba is in the exercise club. the fair is tomorrow at the football stadium before the game. go ahead and check em out," he said. i grinned. "i know which clubs to avoid now," i picked up my book bag and put it on my shoulder. "yeah....wait. what? why would you avoid those clubs?" he asked out of confusion. "im not gonna give either of you an edge over the other. im sure you both are great guys. id like to take my time and get to know ya as friends before we go getting in relationships," i said. he pouted. "not fair," he grunted. i grinned. i leaned down. a kiss. i pulled away with a pop. he had a dark blush. "doesn't mean we cant mess around from time to time," i smirked. i headed to the door. i opened it, knocking kiba right on the ground. he still wore his towel. i looked down at him on the ground. "im sure you heard what i said," i deadpanned. his face brightened. he got up quickly. he leaned in. i sighed. a kiss. pulled away with a pop. "this isn't a competition. im not coming between your friendships," i walked headed to class.