chapter 21

reader pov

they pulled into the parking lot of a huge tower. i looked at the clock, 7:15 pm. damn! if i remember correctly, i got to the frat house around 4 pm. that's about 3 hours we've been on the road. we got out and grabbed our bags. "who is sponsoring this?" i asked. "temari," said hinata. we all headed inside. "who is that?" i asked. "one of naruto's exes. she is loaded," we all walked up to the desk. "you are funny," i said. she chuckled. "i dont like her but she has money, and tons of it," she said. ino chatted for a bit with the receptionist. the other girls started chatting for a while. hinata typed on her phone, leaving me all alone with no one to talk to. i decided to do some exploring. i brought my own money so i should be fine. "just text me where the room is. im gonna explore for a bit," hinata nodded and i walked away.

after looking around for a while, i stumbled upon a bar. me, being 23 years old, walked right up and took a seat on the stool. "an Arnold palmer on the rocks, please," i said to the bartender. he nodded and started making the drink. "aren't you too young to drink?" a deep voice from...beside me? i looked around but i didn't see anyone. "over here," i looked to see a orange haired man a few stools down from me. all of a sudden....it felt like my heart would stop beating. shit. i felt a dark blush come over my face. this guy.....this guy is the one. my entire body screamed it as soon as we made eye contact but i managed to play it cool. "im 23," i said. he chuckled, taking a sip of his drink. "like i said, aren't you a little young to be drinking?" he grunted. i shrugged. the bartender set my drink in front of me. i handed him a 5. "keep the change," he nodded and walked away. the guy actually laughed. "whats so funny?" i asked as i sipped it. "you, man. i stand corrected. that's not even a drink," he said. he took a long swig of his drink. i shrugged. "didn't say i came here to get drunk. just need to be a bit buzzed for later," i took another sip. "tsk....a young man like young man like you already stressed enough to need a stiff one?" he chuckled. "10-15 college girls in one room. you tell me," i grunted. his eyes widened. "sure hope you got enough in the tank for em all," he said. "im just a friend going to their slumber party," i said. he laughed as he got up. he walked over and took a seat one stool from me. shit. i could smell his cologne from over here. wow do i feel like a girl with a crush. this man isn't even gay. i just know it. "im curious to know how you could become a friend close enough to go to an all girl's slumber party," he said, taking another sip of his drink. "im gay," i said. he did a double take before scooting two stools away from me. i took another sip of my drink. i knew it. breaks my heart but i knew it. "really?" he asked. i nodded. "shit. i see why now," he took a long swig of his drink. i shrugged.

"what brings you to the bar?" i asked. "grown up shit," he grunted. "wow. mind blown. ive never had grown up problems," i said. "shit you wouldn't understand," he grunted. "so you calling me stupid now?" i looked at him like he was crazy. he took another swig of his drink before ordering another. "no. just a bit nosy," he said. "figured id listen to you vent for a while," i said. he looked at me. i didn't look at him, instead focusing my gaze on my half empty drink. if i look to long, ill feel lightheaded. "tsk...like you'd wanna listen to my problems," he said. "gay guys are great listeners," i said. he chuckled. "im...im sorry man. i didn't mean to....you know. shrink away from ya," he looked down at his drink. he scooted back to one stool from me. "careful. my gayness might rub off on you," i said. i felt a deep knot in my stomach. something is wrong with me, and its not the alcohol. he scratched his head nervously. he held out a hand. i looked at him. "the name's juugo," he said. i shook his hand. "just call me john," i said.

we chatted for a long while, the whole time that knot in my stomach grew tighter. he is a lawyer, 36, insanely hot. that's pretty much all i got from our chat. "you wasn't lying. you really are a good listener," he said. he finished off his drink and put a hundred dollar bill on the counter. "that should cover your drinks. call it an apology for....you know. insulting you," he got up and walked away. as soon as he was good and gone, i felt my blood rush to my face. shit. im wanting a man who isn't even available. that's not even right. i sighed. i finished off my drink and went to reach for my wallet when i remembered what he said. i looked at the bill on the counter top. there was something under it. i looked a little closer. it was.....a card. i grabbed it, leaving the bill where it was. it was a business card.