AP: Obito (Pt 10)

two years later....

obito pov

"im taking his last name. i dont want to be an uchiha anymore," i grunted. both of them were taken aback from my statement but i was very serious. "what the hell is this, obito!! you know that the uchiha name must be preserved! its is an honorable and respectable--" "the hell it is!! its literally gotten to the point that i cant even say my last name anymore. i literally had to come up with an alias just to buy cars and shit. i cant use my credit cards or anything because the fucking FBI is looking for the uchiha name anywhere. this is my chance to get out of this for good and actually live a normal life with my husband," we weren't married yet but its coming. dealing with the drug trade is interfering with our planning of the wedding. "i dont give a damn what you say, obito!! you are an uchiha. the noble uchiha blood runs through your veins!!" dad was being difficult. so much for getting his blessing for my marriage. "im tired of having to hide my face for fear that the fucking police will recognize me. i hate selling and managing. ive been forced into this for my whole life and i cant take it any more. i want OUT. why is it so hard for you to believe that you are the only one who takes pride in the uchiha name?" i retorted. "if you want to marry john sooo bad, he can take the uchiha name but you will not discard your legacy as if it were some useless trash!! the (L/n)s are descended from peasants somewhere in the 1600s but the uchihas......we span eons, obito. we have royalty in our blood. how can you reject such rich heritage?" he pressed his fingers to his temples and rubbed them out of frustration. "what does all that matter now, dad? when the police come to arrest me for my part in the biggest drug trade in the country, what will i be able to say to them? 'unhand me fools! the noble uchiha blood runs through my veins!'? they will LAUGH as they put the handcuffs on and whisk me away to a place and ill never be able to see him again. i give zero fucks about our last name. i dont care about the past, im more concerned about the future and my future tells me that holding to that name will only mean more complications with MY life with MY husband. uchiha is synonymous with drugs and death and i dont want that for our future. im already regretting bringing john into this three years ago when i could have protected him but im making up for it right the fuck now. i WILL not let you or any of the other uchihas fuck up my life more than they already have," i was fuming.

he has been trying to push this on me all day and ive had it. im gonna be Obito (L/n). im gonna life a normal life out in the public and have a real future that isn't behind bars. "that's it. im done. if you go through with this and take his last name, you will be cut off from the family. no more help or association whatsoever," he grunted, the seriousness dripping from his voice. "that is EXACTLY what i want, dad. i want nothing to do with this anymore. please cut me off and leave me alone for the rest of my life," i pleaded. "no access to the family money or homes or vehicles or any credit cards. no more help with school," he said. "ive graduated two years ago, dad. all of that was already paid off. i live with john, we were actually talking about moving after the wedding. john has graduated and was able to get a job, a good one in fact. he is working as an intern at J. T. and Associates Firm and makes really good money. once we get married and my name changes, ill be able to get a legit job too. we dont need the family money, dad. we paid everything with the money we made selling. nothing about being cut off from the family worries me at all," i explained. i was proud of that. john said to make use of this extra money while we have it because it wasn't clean so if something bad happened, we would have to abandon it all. paid all our school debts, paid off our cars, paid off our credit cards. hell, even the money for our wedding was from our time selling a year or so ago now. fancy wedding and honeymoon. we are more than prepared for this. john was just grinning the whole time. he knew we were prepared to be cut off from this. he was the one who brought it up and suggested it. my husband is a fucking genius. he sighed. "are we done here? i want to invite you to the wedding but if you are gonna be bitter about me wanting a better life then you can just stay home," i said. he sighed, putting his forehead in his hand.