chapter 30

the next morning...

kakashi pov

i was woken up early by the alarm. looks like its time for work. i looked at the clock, 6:20 am. ok. that leaves me less than three hours to be in class. i didn't feel much of a hangover. someone cut my drinking short and i ended up sweating it out. ok. my body felt immensely heavy. like i was a sack of bricks laying here with iruka. i heard some rapid clicking. i looked around to see that he was texting something. or someone. "whatcha doing," i whispered. "changing my Facebook status," he chuckled. "really?" i didn't know people still used that. "already changed my Myspace page and im working on my twitter right now," he said. what the hell? is he like a little kid? SHIT!! is he a minor? i willed my body to rise off the younger man. "whats wrong babe?" he said, turning to look me in the eye. "im going to jail," i could feel the panic bubbling up. there isn't a way to avoid this. he just busted out laughing. "naw. im just a socially involved 27 year old," he said, turning his attention back to his phone. i completely forgot that that was a thing now a days. if im not careful, it could happen. "prove it," i said. he slowly sat up, his attention still focused on his phone. he got out of bed and felt around blindly for his jeans. he picked them up and dug out his wallet. he pulled out his ID and handed it to me. i looked at it. "fear not, for it is a legitimate driver's license," he said. i sighed. "im sorry. its just....well im 30 and the threat of that stuff is very scary for a person like me, especially with me being a teacher and all," i said as i handed him his ID back. he finished typing on his phone before putting it in his jeans with his wallet. "tsk....you and me both. you think ive never encountered the mega young?" he said, climbing into bed on top of me. he straddled my hips, placing a warm kiss on my lips. he pulled away. "quickie before i have to go to work?" he whispered. i sighed. "my morning ritual is rather long and i prefer to walk to work," i admitted. he pouted. "shower sex?" he suggested. i grinned.

{time skip}

i got dressed for school as he did in his bar clothes. i grabbed my bag and headed to the door. "i want you to walk me back to the bar," he said, taking my hand from behind. i looked at the clock, 7:45 am. bar walk takes 15 min both ways. a half hour walk to school. i should be there around 8:45 so i should be fine. i nodded and we headed out.

we walked down the sidewalk, hand in hand, just talking about everything. turns out he is a venture capitalist banker. apparently the company has came under new leadership. told me about his background. this guy is literally an open book. we finally walked up to his car. slick white lambo. he pulled out his keys. "im taking you to school," he commanded. "im fine," i shook my head. "you are gonna tell me the reason you put on that mask this morning," he commanded, pulling me to the other side and pushing me inside his car. i sighed. he got in and started it up. "you said you dont have to be there till 9, right?" i just nodded. "breakfast," he pulled off.

{time skip}

we spent a lot of time together up until just a few minutes before i needed to teach. he walked me up to my classroom before turning to. he leaned up to kiss me warmly. he pulled away, a dark blush on his lips as i pulled my mask back up quickly. "we are hanging out at my house after you get off work," he said. i shrugged. he smiled, backpedalling before turning and jogging out the building. i sighed. he talks a lot but....its actually refreshing. he talks about interesting stuff. i could tell he had just as much, if not more, education as me. he talks a lot but i was intrigued the whole time. that's something i didn't expect with a bar hookup. i like it. i headed into class.

meanwhile....

reader pov

"im buying you another car," he grunted. i had to call him to come get me after my old silver Subaru broke down on me. its old, ill admit. i had her since i was sixteen and it was a hand me down from my uncle who used it for 20 years but took great care of it. guess it was just her time. "i have insurance, babe. ill just wait till they send me the check and buy another one, " i said. his grip on my hand tightened. "what are you gonna do in the mean time?" he asked. "well...ill just have to walk from home," i said. he shook his head. "its a 30 minute drive from the penthouse. it will take hours to walk," he said. "im talking about my apartment," i said. "i want you to stay with me," he deadpanned. "i still need to go to school," i said. "ill....ill take you there every day," he said, his voice cracking a bit. "you cant. you are gonna be late just coming to get me today," i said. "then im buying you a fucking car," he said. "i dont want you to buy me a car. id rather just wait and cash in on my insurance," i said. his grip tightened on my hand. "but then you will have to leave me and i wont be able to sleep with you at night or see you when i get up in the morning or kiss you or touch you or-" yeah. i could see them streaming down his face. "dont cry, juugo. its very unbecoming and i cant hug and kiss you to make you feel better cause you are driving right now," i said. "i can....i can stop," he grunted. "i dont want you to be even more late because of me. just....calm down. it dont mean we cant see each other. its just easier for me to walk to school from my apartment," i said. he sniffled. "im buying you a fucking car. end of story. im not letting you move out," he grunted. i sighed. "fine. just....dont give me a fancy car. i dont want people thinking about stealing it. just get one like my old car," i said. he smiled.