AP: Shikamaru (Pt 3)

three months later.....

reader pov

"i-i-i-its f-f-freezing!!" i shivered. if kiba hadn't asked us, i wouldn't have came. im just being honest. its cold as shit out here. i honestly dont know how he could play when its only 40 degrees outside. we arent far enough down south to not feel the cold. no snow, but the winds today are below zero. its cold as shit. "its because you didnt get a big enough coat," said shika. his arm was in mine with both his hands in the pockets. the sleeve was a tight fit but we managed to stay linked, since we couldn't hold hands. "well i didnt think it would be this cold out," i grunted. "well just...." i saw him unzip his coat. "the hell are you doing?!" i pulled my hands out and started to zip it back up. "just get in here with me, john. we can hug and both be warm," he scooted closer to me. i sighed. i quickly unzipped my jacket and squeezed inside with him. he zipped it up around me. it was a tight fit, impossible if i still had my coat on, but warm. some adjustments so he could sit on my lap. his arms were in the sleeves and i rested my chin on his shoulder. had to unzip it a bit so both our heads could stick out. i know we looked ridiculous but it was warm. he used my abandoned jacket to cover our legs. "we should've brought a blanket," he whispered. "then we wouldn't be able to be so close," i grinned, rubbing up his chest. he grunted and his body felt hot. it was like a little oven inside the way to big coat. we were able to watch the rest of the game comfortably but afterwards, we had a little problem. it was cold outside and warm inside. we would have to separate to head back to the warm car. "babe...i want to do something ridiculous," i said. "what?" he asked. i stood up, still inside the coat. he adjusted to stand in front of me. "put your heels on my toes," i said. "you want me to step on your toes?" he asked. "im wearing steel toed boots. you arent near heavy enough to hurt me," i said. he adjusted and stood on my boots, making him taller than me and i got a mouth full of his pony tail. i moved my head out the way and rested it on his shoulder again so his pony stuck out past my ears.

"what the fuck?!" i looked up from adjusting to see hinata walking towards us in a coat with fur everywhere...but not a fur coat. naruto couldn't afford that. shika chuckled as i started walking, relaxing his legs so he wouldn't be in the way. "babe, forgot your jacket," he whispered. ah! yeah. i turned around and walked back to our seat. i leaned forward so he could grab it. carried it back towards hinata, who had wide eyes. "im not even gonna ask how this came to be," she said as she started walking with us. we headed down to towards the player area to wait for kiba and naruto. they were in the middle of a player meeting. i felt shika's stomach rumble. "babe...you should have said you were hungry," i said. "we were so warm and comfy. i didnt want us to move," he muttered. i turned around and walked to the concession stand, standing in line behind another guy who had a coat like a cross between my jacket and hinata's coat. looked really warm. he was the second in line. "hey man, where did you get that coat?" i asked. "oh this old thing? i dont even know. it was a hand me down from my uncle-" he turned around to face us. his eyes widened. "kido? what are you doing at the game?" asked shika. he busted out laughing. "i go to Hebi U. gotta support the football team. i got school spirt," he pumped his gloved fist in the air. "well you guys got blew out by our team," shika chuckled. "well someone has to believe in them. actually heard the school was shutting down the sports program so they are competing against everyone in the area one last time," he said. damn. "hey you guys weren't the only ones hit with unfortunate. you guys were lucky that you only lost the sports program. we lost three sports programs, alot of clubs, and a few sororities and frats," said shika. he chuckled. "yeah, i could see that being tough. i dont know if you guys know this but its cold as shit out here. how about we go somewhere warm to catch up?" he asked. shika's stomach rumbled again. "we need to get this guy something to eat. he is starving," i chuckled.