AP: Obito (Pt 9)

two weeks later.....

obito pov

"how are you feeling?" itachi asked as we boarded the private jet. "worried," was all i could utter. sure the feelings were dulled just slightly with all the partying and even the occasional hookup when the horniness was getting to be too much. ive never bottomed for another man and never will. it felt different, surprisingly, to top again but its not a feeling i want to get used too. not when i was finally getting the hang of bottoming. he chuckled. "well i wouldn't worry to much, obito. my contacts say he is doing well," said itachi. i looked at him with wide eyes. "yeah, ive been keeping tabs on him. under the radar though. it was actually dad's idea. been working on his own about two months now and its gotten to the point where high end clients ask for him by name. he is really becoming a staple for this," he said. i sighed. i guess that is a relief. i didnt think he would adapt so well to this lifestyle but that's not what was at the forefront of my mind. the question was if i still had a boyfriend. i tried not to get my hopes up to high for incase he had moved on but its getting more and more difficult. who knows what i would find when i walked into his house after so long. would he be there? would he be....alone? part of me didnt want him to be but part of me found comfort in the possibility. if he had been alone all this time, then i should be a shoo in to be with him and it would be like i had never left. if there was someone laying there with him.....i honestly dont know what i would do about it. would i put him in a position to choose? that wouldn't be fair to him. how long would it take him to decide? days would make me feel just as bad as if it were mere seconds, regardless of who he chose in the end.

i guess the main foundation for my worry was the simple fact that i hadn't talked to him this entire time. cant say i didnt try, though. my phone had to be discarded so it was more difficult to track what we were doing. i tried to make contact in a variety of ways. various social media, skype, as well as scattered pay phones. he answered nothing. i took the happier route in assuming that he didnt answer since it was an unfamiliar number and an unexpected call. i didnt know for sure what would happen and that was the thing that was weighing on my mind the most.

i had ended up dozing off when i was shaken awake by my brother. it appears we have landed. "where you want to go? the car is outside," he said as we moved to exit the plane. it was a question that i didnt think about just yet. i could avoid all this needless heartbreak by simply going to dad's or even a local hotel. just avoid all of this all together. i sighed. looks like my heart needs closure. at least that. we hadn't broken up just yet and i didnt want to do so over the phone if it were to come to that. "his apartment," i muttered as we got in the black sedan. only way to know is if i go.

it wasn't long before i was knocking on his door. i saw his old car down there so i had no choice but to assume he was here. a few more knocks before i just tried my key. it opened, surprisingly, and i was hit with a burst of....cologne. it was a new brand, not one i was familiar with. my heart started racing as i closed the door behind me and wandered towards his room. i was hoping against hope that there wasn't anyone there. i opened the door and a burst of relief washed over my body. it looked as if he were here just recently. scattered clothes told me he changed before walking right back out the door. a bottle of cologne sat on the bedside table, a closer look revealing that it was the source of the new scent. a wave of fatigue washed over my body as i stood in his room once again. it was difficult to stand up straight and my eye lids were heavy. i was reminded of how the nights were while i was away. restless tossing and turning. hardly being able to sleep with the hookup and the little sleep i did manage on occasion was always interrupted by the alarm, telling me that the day had begun again.

i chuckled. it was a perfectly good bed right there. familiar and warm. the sheets were disheveled, telling me that he also sleeps here. the bed was calling me and i didnt have a reason not to answer. i kicked off my shoes and tugged off my socks. undid my belt and pulled those accursed jeans off. lost the shirt somewhere on the floor and i tugged these restrictive undies to my ankles, stepping out of them before i heeded the bed's call. i got under the covers just barely and took in the strong scent. the sheets were changed recently but his scent was strong. it was comforting. i pulled up the sheets, covering just above my waist before i hugged his pillow. i missed him. i missed this smell, this heat, this comfort that i had only while i was with him. it had grown to be a lifeline for me. something that kept me going. it got me up and out everyday and gave me a reason to come back. its been so long since ive been comfortable. relaxed and unrestricted as i felt right now. i swear i could sleep for days. it wasn't long before the sheer exhaustion was too much and i couldn't help but fall asleep.