AP: Kiba (Pt 4)

one month later....

shikamaru pov

i honestly thought it would never happen. i had convinced myself that kiba would be chasing him forever but....well if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes, i still wouldn't believe it. we were all invited to cedar point to celebrate everyone passing the semester. it was different. im single. shino is single which honestly surprised me. he ended up moving into the frat house, right into kiba's old room, him having moved out a while ago. he actually came one day to get the rest of his things, making the complete move in with his boyfriend. him and shino got into it and again, shino ended up in the hospital. apparently shino only had bad things to say about john. eh....i cant even worry about it. i haven't had sex in months. been alone all this time. its really getting to me. "hey shika!!" i looked over to see naruto jogging over to me. i ended up zoning out looking at the huge rollercoaster that i would die trying to ride. everyone else got on it though. "yeah?" i responded as he got to me. he took a deep breath. "we were planning on going to the water park after this. did you bring swim trunks?" he asked. "i do but they are in the room," i said. he sighed. "oh great. looks like we are all having a field trip to the hotel," he grunted. i shrugged.

after grabbing our swim gear, the group headed to the changing rooms to get ready. "i swear they never leave each other alone," muttered naruto as he pulled up his trunks. john and kiba were on the other side of the room fawning over each other like usual. john pulled up his trunks and was helping kiba put his on. i chuckled. they never make it over his butt without help. john pulled him close and quite literally shoved it all in there, making kiba blush. they grabbed their towels and headed out. "you ok, shika?" naruto asked, rubbing my back. "no. im the only one single here," i grunted, tying my trunks. "tsk....probably not for long. someone has been looking at you this whole time," he pointed with his eyes to the other end of the locker room. i peaked back, spotting a skinny dark skinned boy who didnt look much different from me. he was cute but....well i cant say im that conceited. "eh....he cute but that's about it. i wouldn't say that i wouldn't talk to him but im not making the first move," i whispered, picking up my towel. "shit, maybe you should make the first move, shika. he dont look like he plans on talking to ya any time soon," he grabbed his towel and we headed out.

"this is kinda terrible but....we are gonna go on the couple's slide," said john, still holding to kiba's hand. "we are going too!!" chimed hinata. she grabbed naruto's hand and followed them to the slide. "that's ok! im just gonna stay here!" i called after them. i sighed. being single sucks. it really does. all i get to do is watch the two happy couples enjoy the--"so....i heard ya talking in the locker room," my head snapped to my left, spotting the skinny dark skinned guy from earlier. my face went hot. "im sorry man. i didnt mean any offence or any--" he just held up a hand, cutting me off. "i like the honesty. at least someone finds me attractive," he muttered, lounging on the lawn chair next to mines. "awe! are you lonely too?" i asked, sarcasm in my voice. "hey man, loneliness is an epidemic. especially when you are surrounded by happy couples. normally id be fine with being alone. it just really gets to me when i see em do all the lovey dovey stuff, ya know? like kissin and holdin hands and shit. all they do is rub it in my face and not in a good way," he grunted, putting his hands behind his heads. i shrugged. "i guess the that really gets to me is the fact that i used to have that. see the buff one over there," i pointed to kiba, who had just came down the slide in john's lap. he looked. "dated him for like a month. didnt really work out cause he was fucking obsessed with the guy he is with now," i said. "looks like his obsessiveness has paid off," said the guy. "oh im shikamaru but everyone calls me shika," i held out a hand. he took it in a surprisingly firm grip. "kidomaru but everyone calls me kido. im guessing those four are your friends?" he asked, letting go of my hand. "yeah but they dont really act like it sometimes. they are so focused on their relationships that they dont have time for the single guy," i said. he chuckled. "well im gonna go out on a limb here and ask: would you go out with me?" he asked. "well someone is bold. didnt expect to be asked on a date so quickly," i smirked. "well i was asking if you wanted to go to the bar since they have completely forgotten that you are here...." he pointed to the four who were playing chicken fight without me,"....but i would also like to go on a date with you, if i may be so bold," he grinned. i couldn't help but chuckle. "smooth. real smooth," i said, grabbing my towel.