chapter 34

3 days later...

Karin pov

i waited. i stood by the door as soon as he pulled into the driveway and waited. he has a lot of explaining to do that im probably not even gonna listen to cause im sooo angry i could just scream right now. i waited. i heard the door handle jiggling. the click. it finally opened. i had to bite back the urge to scream, settling for just smacking him hard across the face. "where the hell were you? not only did you not come home after the two months like you promised, you didn't answer any of my calls. none of my texts. i went up to the firm and they said they haven't seen you in MONTHS and that you were just working from your laptop wherever. i cant find the venture capitalist company you 'own' now so please, juugo, tell me what the hell is going on?" it was insanely hard to keep from screaming long enough to hear him. he said nothing, simply taking my hand and leading me into the living room and having me sit on the sofa. he sat down across from me, the coffee table between us, and dug around in his brief case for a moment before setting a small stack of papers in front of me. as he dug out a pen, i noticed a shiny silver band on his ring finger. it threw me off since his was golden and.....wait. i glanced over the papers in front of me as he put the pen in my hand. "i want a divorce..." he said it simply showing no signs that he intended to discuss this any further and his stare indicating he merely wishes for me to comply with such a ridiculous notion. i tossed the pen. "no," i said simply. he wasn't getting out of this that easy. nonononononono honey. im not gonna let you believe the last 16 years was just a mistake or accident. im not gonna let it be seen as a mistake.

no, dear. im afraid you have the wrong one.

he let out a long sigh showing his fatigue. "Karin..." i just shook my head. "no. plain and simple. you have a lot of explaining to do, Mr Taka. you were gone for three months without so much as a visit, call, or text and i haven't been able to find you. ive found no evidence that what you said about your 'trip' so as far as i know, you just took a break from your WIFE to go on a cheating spree but its ok. its just fine. we are married and i do sorta deserve this, me having done the same to you a while back, so we are just gonna make it through this together. new baby mommas and all. i already packed our things and got the plane tickets. we leave for france in three hours," i said, the anger finally subsiding. he just gently shook his head. "i need to divorce you so i can get married to someone i actually love in a few months. sign the papers, Karin," he insisted. "nonono dear. you dont love her. you love me. been loving me for 16 years. we have been through a lot of shit and made it back every time. this time will be no different. simply break up with her and get a restraining order so the bitch cant stalk you and we can move on with OUR lives together. simple," i pushed the pen away once again. he grunted in frustration. no. im not making this easy for im. in fact, im gonna make it impossible. i did my research. there is no way he can get me to sign the papers and ive paid off everyone he knows who could forge my signature on the documents. not. gonna. happen. ever. "ill admit we have had a good run. we raise three beautiful children together and everything but this is it. end of the line. fat lady has been singing for the longest and i finally can hear her voice. ive moved on and its time for you to do so as well," he pressed the pen in my hand.

"why dont you understand the word 'no'? im not gonna divorce you. its not that easy to get rid of your wife of 16 years. you gonna have to kill me and bury my body in some ditch to get rid of me. our rings mean 'until death do us part' and i wholly intend to keep that promise. you can get rid of the other bitch. she not even worth it. its probably some really young girl who happened to give a little better head. i wont lie, i know ive been slacking in the bedroom but that will change over our break. ive been doing some research and some gymnastics. im sure we can rekindle the flame," i grinned. yeah, splits are just one of my many talents now. he will never be the same again. he sighed. im glad he is starting to see the futility of this. "im in love with someone else, Karin. i dont know any other way to say it. its in perfect English. i didn't stutter or choke or anything that could have impaired the perceived meaning. i dont love you. not just anymore. at all. im doing this to spare you the heartache of chasing someone you know you cant have anymore. i-" "what the hell do you mean 'someone i cant have anymore'? ive had you for the last 16 years. i know i keep saying 16 years but you dont seem to be getting it through that thick ass skull of yours that we have a history. years and years of smiling at you when you walk in the door from a long day of working. im a bonafide house wife. i cook, clean, and tend to you and im perfectly happy doing that for the rest of my life. this is just a phase. a passing fling you had with some young girl who happened to show you a little more attention when it came to getting your dick wet. im ready, juugo. ive spent the 3 months in hell trying to stretch the boundaries of my own flexibility just to make you happy and im damn proud to say that ive achieved it. i want to show you all my newfound sexual prowess over our break," i said. "why aren't you understanding that we are over? done, finished, never getting back together, ever. i dont want you, Karin. i simply dont. i want to get a divorce and move on," he dragged his hand over his face.