AP: Shikamaru Nara

Author's note: basic mechanics is that while reading the main story, once you made it to chapter 51 (for this particular AP) instead of reading the chap 51 of the main story, you would read this one and go from there, ending up with a different character in the end. i dont know if anyone was confused by how this works but i hope that cleared it up. also, i dont know if anyone has noticed but i literally copy some of the original chapter so i can start the new story line. hopefully it helps in placing the story in the right place for you.

SSP: Chapter 51

Main difference from main story: shika doesnt go back to the hotel with kido alone

shikamaru pov

i tried. i really, really tried but....i just couldn't help it. i just cant help but love him. he is such a good man. thoughtful and caring. takes care of me like no one's business. i swear he is like a child. just hands me flowers, all blushing and shit. i never knew he could be so thoughtful. is this really him when he isn't thinking about other people? cause i just cant help but think that he is still thinking about something else. its eating at my soul thinking that there is still something else in the back of his head just waiting for the opportunity to show itself. just thinking that there is still one person who could swoop in and take him from me and id be the one devastated. i didn't want to fall in love with him. not just yet. not until i know for sure, for a fact, that he is 100% m--" shika! what are ya thinking about that has you zoned out?" i shook my head out of my daze and looked at him. we are enjoying a day at cedar point to celebrate the end of the semester with the rest of the frat guys. we broke off into couples. me and john, hinata and Naruto, and shino and kiba. those last two look like they might break up at any minute now though. i had heard that shino had searched for a week before he could find kiba after he stormed off. eh....i don't care. i have a boyfriend so im all go--"babe....im worried. you keep looking at me with starry eyes and i don't know why," he said. "im sorry, its fine. just thinking about whats going on in my life and whats going on around me," i scratched my head nervously. "well you need to stop thinking about the others and focus on this face," he drew a circle around his own face. never ceases to get a chuckle out of me. "yeah, yeah," i mumbled. "are we riding the millennium force with kiba and shino? cause the four seat car is ready," he said. i nodded. we all walked over to get on the car. "can i sit next to john? i don't want shino to see me scared," kiba whispered into my ear. i shrugged. he eagerly got in the front of the car next to john while i got in the car next to shino. he looked at me then looked at kiba next to john before cursing under his breath. i made a mental note to see whats wrong between them soon. we were strapped in and the ride started.

i swear he is the most romantic of anyone. insisted we spend the rest of the time at the park by ourselves. naruto and hinata were down but i could tell kiba and shino weren't all that happy about it. we just walked through the park. he was chatting about something. i couldn't help but think of where we can go with this. with me and him. how long? just a few weeks, months.....years? would we get married? kids? thinking about all this stuff is gonna give me headaches but i cant help but wonder. "wanna ride this one, babe?" he asked, pointing to another rollercoaster. i shrugged and was pulled along. we sat next to each other this time. his hand snaked in mines as the ride started. it felt good. just knowing that there is the potential of something much greater with john now. tsk, just thinking back just a few months ago. only just lost my virginity. i haven't had much experience since i was first with john. kiba like one time and asuma like three times. that was it. ride was over before i knew it. "lets get the picture," he said excitedly as we made our way to the photo booth. he bought the picture. that's another thing that gets me sometimes. he manages all of this so easily. working to keep the apartment full time. going to school. not to mention making time to be with me. he works often, six days a week. goes to school four. homework is done immediately following the class unless he has to go to work, then he will stay up to do it so it will be done on time and he can stay on top of things. cant say im used to being so well taken care of. its a nice feeling.