chapter 33

2 months later....

kakashi pov

i looked at his paper for a long time. i reread it and reread it but...i just cant pass it. the formatting is off, none of the prompt questions are being answered, and there are more errors than if a fourth grader wrote this paper. its ridiculous. what is going on with john? why isn't he putting forth his best effort? this is the not just the worst paper he has turned in, its the worst paper in all of my classes. just awful. i put the paper on the table. i had assigned some silent reading while i looked over the last of the papers during class time. i looked at john. he was leaning on his hand, his eye lids looking like they weigh tons. he had given up on trying to read the text book. he had to dedicate all his effort to staying awake in class. "john," i called. he snorted and shook his head to wake himself up. "...yeah?" he said, already starting to drift off again. i stood up. "come with me for a bit. i need to talk to you," i said. he lazily got up and followed me out the class.

i led him to a little table with two chairs in a study room in the building. i set his paper on the table. "whats going on? your grades are slipping, you recent paper is trash, and you are fighting sleep all class," i said. he held up a hand before getting up. he jogged over to a vending machine and bought a soda. he downed it on his way back tossing the can before taking a seat. he seemed to wake up. he looked at me. deep bags under his eyes from severe sleep deprivation. "whats going on? is there something wrong?" the high school teacher in me was showing again. he sighed. "yeah. its...its juugo. he is making it really hard to be with him. every since i discovered his...problem and showed him the willingness to help him through it, its like he made sure that i regretted making that decision every single day over the last two months. his intense clinginess. i swear every second im not in class, he has to have some part of him touching me. literally. shower, sleep, sitting on the sofa, hell, i cant even be alone to take a shit without him being there. no, not just outside the door, im talking about right the fuck there next to me on the toilet. he would just crack a window and sit on the tub right next to me. his insane grumpiness that borderlines depression. he no longer uses words. just grunts that mean yes or no. his nightmares that make him scream in his sleep keeping me up all fucking night. some how he manages to stay asleep but i cant. haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks. he cant fucking sit still. cant even watch tv in peace. he eats EVERYTHING. oh and make sure that he doesn't find out in ANY way that we are talking in private right now, cause he will flip the fuck out with his overly jealous paranoid ass. im at wits end. i cant leave him by himself cause he will relapse so im just stuck in hell for another few days. his medicine is susposed to be done in a few days so i just need to make it till then," he said. i can see it. iruka has been talking about juugo's mood swings for the longest. threatened to fire him three times...today. "i dont really know what to tell you. this is the midterm paper. i cant just drop this one. ill give you till finals to get a better one turned in but i cant do more than that," i offered. he sighed. "thanks for understanding. how's things with iruka? i know it cant be easy having juugo as his boss," he asked. "well, actually. isn't as bothered by juugo that much. tries his best to just work from home and not have to deal with im at the office but cant avoid it altogether," i said. he sighed. "im...im sorry. juugo is just going through some things right now and its hard. lord knows it hard to be around him but im just gonna power through this. just a few more days. i can get a good night's sleep and actually give you a good paper and catch up in all my classes," he said. i nodded and we headed back to class.

a week later...

reader pov

i woke up with a start. i couldn't believe it. i actually didn't wake up in the middle of the night from juugo's screaming. i was able to get more sleep over the past few days, making it easier to get caught back up but today is the first one in a long time where i was able to sleep the whole night. i felt all rested and shit. my body was overflowing with energy. i felt good. really good. ok. i felt his stomach rising and falling and his hand gripped mine. he isn't dead. good. that means the symptoms are finally going away and he is returning to his sober self. i had to admit, im curious. ive never not known the high as a kite juugo. which personality is actually his. not influenced by drugs period. he didn't end up liking vaping as opposed to smoking so i had to deal with cold turkey from smoking in addition to withdrawal from coke. first week was hell. absolute hell. im surprised i managed to stay with him through that. im glad i did though. only really bad thing was the nightmares that kept me up all night. everything else was just really aggravating cause i was sleep deprived. he stopped moving in his sleep and the pillow we laid on wasn't soaked through with his tears so everything should be going to normal....or more like what should have been normal. he started groaning. he rubbed his head. "morning babe," he whispered, resting his hand on mine on his stomach. "feeling better?" i asked. "tsk....i feel like shit. feels like i just woke up from the worlds worst hangover of my life," he groaned. i chuckled. "i wish it were just a hangover you were having over the past two months," i grumbled, placing a kiss on his neck. "yeah....about that. im...im sorry. im soooo sorry. i know that living with me was hell and you probably couldn't sleep and a whole bunch of other shit and i promise that ill spend the rest of my life making it up to you," he said, gently rubbing my hand. "it wasn't all bad. the sex was AMAZING," i chuckled. "im glad i was able to keep you happy during my phase," i could feel his smirking. "oh you kept me happy. we did EVERYTHING. even some rather unspeakable stuff," i chuckled. i could feel his surprise. "as long as we were both happy in the end, just have ya way with me," he whispered. "dont say it like that. it was all your idea," i teased.