chapter 44

later on the night...

shikamaru pov

asuma: im outside

i sighed. i dont even know how to feel about this. sure i do feel a bit better about being with him but....am i really worth it. i shook my head to rid the thought. im good. i deserve to be happy. like asuma said, who cares about the past. we need to focus on the future and my future is sitting outside waiting for me. ok. i can do this. i grabbed my jacket and headed out.

he grinned as i walked out the front door and down to his shiny blue sports car. what the hell! how on earth do we keep attracting all these rich married guys? its weird. i got in the car. he chuckled. "no need to look so uptight, babe. im here and im here to stay. whatcha wanna do?" he said, starting the car up. i shrugged. "im free all day," i said. "well...you already know what i wanna do, babe. i already have a hotel in the city till i can get ahold of a house," he said. "maybe later. how about...a movie? maybe a bite to eat?" i offered. "is there something good playing?" he asked. i looked it up on my phone. "new movie playing downtown that im sure would be good. reviews say its a horror thriller," i said. he chuckled evilly to himself. "you mean a movie where you would want to cling to me for dear life?" he thought aloud. "i love horror movies and not for being scared. horror movies dont scare me," i shrugged. that was true. it was always kiba who got scared in horror movies. he would always yelp and cling to someone, usually me or ino. whoever was closer. he pouted. "i was looking forward to 'comforting' you during the movie," he said. "would you stop being a pervert? i thought you wanted to date. what happened to dating?" i grunted. "i do, i do. its just....well i haven't had sex since me and you got together so im very horny," he grumbled. "lets go to the movie then see what happens from there," i said. he smiled as he pulled off.

reader pov

"i dont wanna see a scary movie," he grumbled as we walked up to the theater. "why not? i love scary movies. especially when i have someone to cling to," i chuckled. his eyes widened. "ok. lets go to the scary movie," he said with a smile. "oohh whats with the change of heart?" i asked, grinning evilly at him. "you see....scary movies really get me and i tend to grab the nearest familiar person and squeeze em till they almost pass out," he said, looking away to hide his blush. his grip on my hand got tighter. "well that works out. we can totally be cuddle buddies during the movie. i have to make sure we have a big seat to share," i said. we walked up to the ticket master. "two tickets for the conjuring please," i said, pulling out my wallet. the guy nodded and rung it up. "we have a couple's special. 10 for two. interested?" he asked. well that works out. now we can go to the carnival after too. "yes. thanks," i handed him the ten. he handed us the tickets. "you guys have a nice night," he said. i nodded and we headed inside.

a few minutes later...

kakashi pov

i walked up to the ticket master. "one ticket for the conjuring, please," i said, pulling out my wallet. the guy nodded and started ringing it up. i noticed a sign behind him advertising 'Couples night: $10 for two. Loners (you poor souls): double the regular price to encourage finding a companion'. i really had to fight the urge to call john. "$16 for one," he said. i was about to hand him a 20 when i heard someone calling. "hey, babe! didn't i say to wait for me?" a guy with bright orange hair ran up to stand beside me. he winked at me before turning to the ticket master. "i forgot to tell him its couple's night. (clears throat) TWO tickets for the conjuring, please," the guy handed him a ten. the ticket master looked between us. he chuckled to himself as he rung it up. "apparently its gay night too! you guys are the third couple to come to this exact movie," he said, handing us the tickets. "come on babe," he threw an arm over my shoulders and led me inside.