chapter 24

kakashi pov

shit. i dont even know what to think about this. i couldn't help but look at him during class. he seemed so....enthralled with me. ME. he was looking at me like a depressed fat woman at a buffet. i chuckled. this is really something. i knew he had it bad for me but damn. he didn't have to stare at me like that. its sorta creepy. looking at me with those deep intense (e/c) orbs that sparkled in the light of the class. i need to stop. he had his chance. i was willing to...you know, see how it would work out but he blew it. i dont have time for his childish games. i still cant help but be curious as i walked home from class. what....what would it be like to be with him? i dont know of his personal life so i dont know how he is when it comes to relationships. i can only guess. im sure he is funny and smart. tsk...those were shown in class. gets good grades. always turns his work in and on time. he might just be the model student. not perfect but not a delinquent either. i dont know. it might have actually worked out with him. he might have actually somehow made it work with me. the whole teacher/student thing would have been a challenge that im sure he would have undertaken with out hesitation. might have even seen it as a good challenge. i sighed. i really need a distraction. i keep telling myself i dont want him but im lying. i do want him. i really do and from that staring and ogling and all that other shit, he definitely wants me too. im....im just gonna go for it. ill wait for the opportunity and just kiss him. obviously he is too chicken and i dont have time to wait around forever. yeah. im gonna work something out.

meanwhile....

reader pov

after following the gps to the outskirts of fire city, i finally found the place he wanted to meet at for lunch. it was....lets just say i feel way under dressed and under paid. i parked next to a really shiny sports car that made my silver Subaru look like it came out the trash heap. i got out and walked up to stand in front of the really fancy restaurant. the moniker said 'Habanero'. i had to wonder what the means. "nice restaurant, isn't it?" my head snapped at the familiar voice of juugo as he came to stand beside me. i noticed he wore a white suit with a black shirt and no tie. "aren't i a little underdressed....and underpaid?" i said. i like being able to pay my own way. even if the guy offers to cover it, it makes me feel better knowing that i could take care of myself. i only have like 300 bucks on me. it would take every penny just to enjoy a glass of wine. hell...just to look at the wine they serve in this place. he chuckled. "i got it," he said as he looked at the moniker with me. "im not comfortable with this," i said. the date on Tuesday was simple. i was capable of paying my way the whole time. tickets for the fair was like 10, food came out to around 25 for the night, we didn't drive, arcade was like 20. a hundred would have covered little ole me but here....no. not by a long shot. the meals here must be at least like 50 or more. i cant afford this place. he looked at me. "i told ya i got it. i know a girl. she wants me, and by me i mean us, to sample her new menu. completely free," he said. i raised a brow. he shrugged. "being a lawyer means you meet all types of people. come on..." he took my hand,"...it'll be fun."

it was just as fancy on the inside. white table cloths on the tables. waiters and everything. "stop freaking out. i told ya its all good. we will be just fine," he said. i sighed. "you should have warned me about this. i wouldn't call this a lunch, juugo," i said as i tucked the napkin in my shirt. "if i would have told ya, you wouldn't have came. i know this place would be pricey for you. you showed me your world. i wanna show you mine. just enjoy it," he clapped his hands, summoning the waiter. "yes," he said. "could you please tell Mrs Uzumaki that Juugo Taka is here?" the waiter nodded and walked away quickly. i sighed. he snaked his hand in mine. i leaned on my other hand. "are you trying to show off?" i accused. a dark blush came over his cheeks. "what?! no! im not trying to show off!" he looked away. i gave him a knowing look. "tsk....like i could believe that. you do know that you cant just buy me, right? im better than that. ive seen the car you drive. i already know you have money. you didn't need to reiterate," i said. he scratched his head nervously. "i just...i wanted to take you to a fancy restaurant. that's all. im not trying to buy you or anything like that. i just wanna eat and talk like Tuesday," he said. "hey juugo!!" i turned my head to a red headed woman in a long black dress with 6 in stilettos. somehow she still managed to look motherly. juugo got up and hugged her tightly. they chatted for a bit before juugo sat back down across from me. "this is john," juugo gestured to me. the woman turned to me, holding out an eager hand. i took it. "im kushina uzumaki! im the owner of Habanero and its sooo nice to meet you finally. juugo talks about you all the time," i shook her hand. i raised a brow at juugo. he just blushed and looked away. "its nice to meet you, mrs uzumaki, and i must say, this is a very fine establishment. i cant help but feel underdressed," i said. she chuckled waving me off. "dont even worry about it. you look really nice with what you have on. im sure you would be a suit and tie any day. now....about your lunch. i have a new menu that i want you guys to enjoy! its about 4 dishes and a dessert so i sure hope you brought your appetite!" she turned and giddily walked away. i gave him a knowing look. "what?" he wouldn't look me in the eye. "'juugo talks about you all the time'?" i raised a brow, flashing a grin. he chuckled nervously. "she asked me how i was doing and i couldn't stop talking about you," he said. my face felt hot. "sooo tell me about your day...." i said, not knowing what to say to that.