Epilogue

three months later....

reader pov

Karin was pouting the whole time. "i dont know why you are so upset. kakashi didnt have one either," i grunted. she patted my suit down for the umpteenth time. i swear she is just taking the opportunity to feel me up. "its because you deprived me of the opportunity to make you cheat on him, john. its just not right. i mean that is literally one of the main parts of a wedding. the ceremony, the reception, and the motherfucking bachelor's parties," she grunted, making me spin so she could look me over. "i already know what would happen at any kinda bachelor's party, Karin. all my exes there would try their best to get me to sleep with em one last time and i dont wanna do that. me and kakashi are gonna have our own bachelor party back in the hotel room and probably the whole honeymoon," i shrugged. "uugghh!! you are such a buzz kill. i really hate that that makes a lot of sense. shit....i sorta wish me and juugo did that instead of having bachelor's parties. i cheated like 10 times that night," she fixed my tie. "hmm....and you wonder why juugo had a gay affair for like six months," i said. she tilted her glasses and looked at me. "that was a low blow, john. a really fucking low blow," she grunted, doing some last minute adjustments. "low blow? do you know how bad i felt that day? i mean, i had spent the last six months being with married man. do you know how many times we had sex?! juugo was a lot more into it that you would think," i smirked. she sucked her teeth. "whatever. let the past be the past. we are doing fine. ANYWAY, how are you feeling? i mean, you are gonna be getting married in like five minutes," she said. "im doing just fine. i had been contemplating this for the past year. zero second thoughts. zero regrets. the past happened for a reason. im pretty confident that all the shit that happened was literally just so i could be with kakashi in the end," i said. she chuckled. "i cant argue with that. i mean, its like just as you were getting close to someone else, a bunch of shit happens right at that moment and you split. this might just be the very definition of fate for you two," she took a few steps back and looked me over. "guess that makes sense," i said. a few more seconds of checking me out. "ok, time to go," i nodded and we headed out.

kakashi pov

i must say, this was a bit different. this just shows how many friends i actually had. and by that, i mean that john's friend hinata had to help me with my suit cause i didnt really have anyone else. "oh dont worry about it, kakashi. i dont have a problem helping ya out with this. you are important to john so you are important to everyone else here. we are all friends," she said as she fixed my tie. "tsk...like i could really believe that. no one calls and asks for kakashi. they only ask for me to get in touch with john. im just an after thought for you people," i was looking over the guest list and i noticed that....well the only person i had invited was my brother gai and he didnt even come, having gotten shitfaced drunk last night at a bar. so yeah, all john's friends. all of my family live out the country so its just me. i kinda suck. "because you dont make the effort, kakashi. it dont matter that you are in your early 30s. you can still associate with us young'uns. you need to go out with john more often," she patted down the front of my crisp white suit. well...she does have a point there. john practically begs me every time he is going out with his friends. i never feel right going since they are his friends but if i keep thinking like that, i wont ever have friends of my own. she made me spin around. "you arent the only older person here, kakashi. you could talk to Karin cause she is pretty cool. turns out she is a cousin of naruto's. you could talk to my mother and father in laws, my parents, john's parents, you could talk to muu or that hanzo guy cause they seem pretty cool. you could talk to juugo. i dont remember seeing him here but im sure he is around here somewhere. there are lots of old people for you to talk to," she shrugged. "im not that old, hinata," i grunted. "but you are like eight years older than john," "im six years older," i grunted. "the point is that there are people here who are your age that you can associate with. you dont have to keep looking all lonely and distant all the time," she said. eh...i guess i could give it a try at the reception. john will be all over the place talking and dancing with his friends so ill be the one left out. i dont need him there to have a good time. i just want him there, its a difference. "ok...that should do it. are ya ready?" she smiled. "i been ready for months. lets do this," i followed her out the door.