chapter 39

early the next day...

shikamaru pov

im not looking forward to class today. im really not looking forward to the awkwardness of sharing classes with my new ex boyfriend. im sure i wont see john there at all so the weirdness will be slightly less over bearing. if only i could just skip class for a while. just disappear for a while and collect myself so i can be more prepared to face kiba and john whenever he decides to grace them with his presence.

it was surprisingly difficult to stay asleep last night. i think i might have gotten maybe five hours of good sleep before i was woken up by his loud snoring. extremely loud nasally snoring that im sure woke up everyone on this floor up. if it wasn't that, then its the awkward position i had to get used too cause he wasn't moving. he had one arm stretched out in front of him and had pulled me on top of his back as he rolled to lay half on his stomach and half on his side. he raised one knee up high as if to stretch his leg and thighs and fell asleep with his face turned away from me. his grip on my hand that was on his stomach held firm so i couldn't move out of this new position. oh...and lets not forget to mention the constant reminders that the asshole serves two purposes in a man on man relationship. they weren't wet farts but it was still pretty fucking disgusting. why didn't i struggle out of his grip? because once its happened, its pretty much done. aint no coming back unless you take a shower and even then, you cant snuggle back up to him or even get in the bed for that matter. im truly in an impossible situation and so i tried my best to tune it out. just let my body go numb and day dream till it was time for him to get up.

around twenty minutes of staring at a particular painting on the wall of a mountain landscape, i heard his snoring stop, soon replaced by a low groaning. his free hand rubbed his head as he shifted back to our original position. "damn...what time is it?" he groaned as he sat up, finally letting my hand go. i sat up as well. a quick glance around showed a clock on the nightstand, 7:45 am. im sure it was around 9 by the time we made it back to the hotel so that's going on 10ish hours. not bad. i have plenty of time to get ready and head to school. "quarter till 8," i said as i got out of bed. he groaned, still rubbing his forehead. "damn...i was susposed to be in france 3 hours ago and my head feels like it is gonna split open. how much wine did i drink last night?" he asked. "like three bottles," i shrugged. he chuckled. "you can tell im pretty torn up about whats going on in my life," he said. i shrugged. "im gonna take a hot shower. you mind taking me home? my friend dropped me off last night at the restaurant," i said. he shrugged. made sense since he was the one who took us to the hotel last night. it should be fine. i headed in the bathroom.

after cleaning myself very thoroughly of last nights festivities, i headed out in a towel. he was pacing the room talking on the phone when he notice me coming out. he hung up and headed in the bathroom. i quickly moved to put on my clothes from last night. im...a little bummed. he tore my dress shirt and i didn't have another one so i just have to deal i guess. i had put on my pants when he finally came out, not bothering to wear a towel. i buttoned them up and zipped the zipper when he just pulled me into a kiss. he caressed my face as his tongue explored every corner of my mouth. he sucked on my lips before pulling away with a pop. i felt the blood rush to my face. "last night was amazing. i was thinking and....can we...can we make this a thing? i really like ya and id like to see ya more often," he said, putting his forehead to mine. "Asuma..." i took his hands in mine,"...i cant. you know why i cant be with you. we shouldn't have even done what we did. i was selfish. id love to talk to you but not when you are a very much married man. its not fair to iruka or you. you have feelings for iruka, that's why you married him," i said. he sighed. "i really hate that you aren't as naïve as you look. just....can we still talk? maybe not as lovers but...as friends?" he asked. i sighed. "unfortunately ive seen that happening too. start off as friends then it leads to other things slowly becoming friends with benefits and before you know it, my stupidly young and naïve self will fall in love with you and....lets just leave this as a passing fling, ok?" i said. he pouted. "you are too smart for your own good. tell ya what, can we talk solely via phone? i dont wanna lose that beautiful brain of yours when i need to vent," he said. i sighed. "i guess that's fine. no sexting or phone sex," i glared at him. "i swear you know me soo well already but ok. i promise not to prod for sex ok? deal," he said. i held out my hand. he just kissed me. pulled away with a pop. "i dont mind the chase," he chuckled as he walked away. i sighed.