AP: Kiba (Pt 5)

1 year later...

reader pov

shit. i didnt want to believe it but its happening. im witnessing it right before my very eyes. i had came to his last game of the season for this year, really the last one of his college life and i just noticed it while watching him walk towards the field house. that ass i grew to love no longer jiggles. his pecs no longer bounce when he walks or runs. i have to face it: kiba has gotten a lot more lean. it started about six months ago when he told me he would be conditioning to go to the pros. i had dreaded the day in all honesty. my wallet dreaded it too. having to pay for more equipment, supplements, taking him back and forth to the new training sight, gym memberships, you name it. all had to come out of my pocket. that is the only reason why we haven't gotten married yet. ive been saving though. it was really tough but i have enough for the wedding now. i sighed. my baby is getting leaner and more fit. i should be happy, right? that he is more firm than soft now. when he relaxes, his muscles no longer feel like pillows. im not even gonna think about it no more. the team just won by a landslide with my fiancé as the star player. im gonna be happy even if it kills me.

i could tell he was disappointed about something on the drive home. his hand was still holding tightly to mines, the ring still glistening in the light of the car. another thing that ive noticed is that he doesnt sweat near as much any more. i remember a time where the sweat would pour down his body soaking into all his equipment and making him stink but now.....now the deodorant is working and he isn't sweating near as much. he is becoming much more strong and powerful. endurance has had a drastic increase. running speed, pulling power, pushing power, all of it got a huge increase. i pulled into the parking lot of the apartment for the umpteenth time. been living here all this time. i dont know, i think it might be time to move. dont have the money to move right now but that is what ill be saving for next.

we headed inside. i stripped to my undies. he stripped naked, showing off much more definition than when we first met. he was still the same size but the fat he used to have has long since converted to muscle. he climbed in the bed, right onto my lap, showing he was already hard. then began what happened every time he got through with a game.

later on the next day....

he had called earlier, asking me to come get him from the football field. i pulled into the lot and made my way to the field, passing all types of celebrating. i walked out to the sidelines, spotting the team huddled around the coach and another unfamiliar guy. they broke and the guys dispersed. i spotted kiba looking around frantically for me. i waved both hands in the air till he spotted me. he sprinted towards me and i knew what he was gonna do. it happened every time he was over come with emotion. i planted my feet and caught him when he leapt into my arms. he smothered my face with kisses so that's a good sign. his arms wrapped around my neck and legs around my waist as his lips landed against mines. he pulled me tighter as he kissed me. he finally pulled away, giving me time to breathe. "whats the big deal, babe?" i asked, putting my forehead against his. "ive....ive been drafted!!" he sobbed, holding me tighter. i fucking bawled. sobbing right along with him. finally, all our hard work has paid off. my baby is a professional football player now. the thousands i spent helping and supporting him through the grueling conditioning and getting ready. the equipment, dieting, and the like. all of it paid off in the end. i could tell i was borderline depressed this whole time. my life was work, school, sleep, and supporting my husband. neither had priority like it was susposed too but i still made it. i will be a senior in college next year. it was hard as shit though. never really had a time to relax at all. to see his overly happy face, the tears pouring as we kissed for what feels like the first time in the past year made it all worth it though. i honestly think we would have broken up if he didnt get drafted. his life was football, school, and me. i did all the working to get him through this and im so happy to see that it finally paid off.