AP: Obito (Pt 4)

three months later...

shikamaru pov

"ok, ok. team meeting, people. we all need to talk," said hinata. we all made our way to the living room of the frat house. "are they here?" asked kiba, looking around cautiously. "obito never came back last night. i think he spent the night over john's house," said naruto. he has been doing that alot for the past few weeks and its making everyone feel unease. "we all can see it. its clear that....they are growing pretty close. what do we do about this? im worried," said hinata. "tsk...what do you mean 'what do we do about this?' we dont have an obligation to help john at all. we tried to warn him but he hangs out with him anyway," said naruto. i hate to say it but, naruto does have a point. we dont associate with obito because of what he did to kiba way back when. "he only does it cause he dont know the truth. he has spent all this time in the dark about the situation during the initiation ceremony. im sure if we tell him about it, then his opinion on the matter will change," reasoned hinata. some nods in agreement. "ok, people. we need to get to planning an intervention!" cheered hinata, earning cheers in response.

meanwhile....

reader pov

"thanks man. i didnt even know what i was gonna do about this," we were sitting on my bed, enjoying some cable television. everything is caught up. no homework. turned my last paper in not to long ago. final exams around the corner. we are pretty much good for a while.....or everything would have been fine if sasuke hadn't moved out last week. i was worried id have to find another place to live soon. until my best friend swooped in and saved me. "tsk....better than being at the damn frat house. i swear they treat me like im some kinda monster. like being near me for too long will infect them with a terrible disease," he made spooky noises. we shared a chuckle. "that's kinda cruel, man. i dont know what their problem is. you are a pretty great guy," i said. "i thought so too. i guess they dont think that," he shrugged. i do have to wonder, though. how on earth does he pay for things? he goes to school full time and does football the other time. how does he always have money? "where do you work at? im sure they must pay tons for you to only be able to work a few hours a week," i said. he looked at me like i was crazy. "i aint go no job. my dad gives me money every week. he is LOADED so i dont worry about anything," he said. "how come you dont have a car?" i asked. "he doesnt trust my driving skills. i kinda got into a......fender bender with his car about two years ago and he hasn't let me drive since," he scratched his head nervously. "do you have your license?" i asked. "yeah. had it for about a year now but my dad is really stubborn," he said. "why dont you use some of the money he gives you to buy a car?" i asked. "well....because we wouldn't be together near as much if i had a car of my own," he said. i couldn't help but chuckle. "dont be gettin all mushy and shit with me," i elbowed him playfully. "what can i say. i like spending time with ya," he chuckled.

there was a moment of silence. "hey john...." i looked at him,"...something has been on my mind lately and id like to know your opinion on it. its kinda....touchy," he said. "fire away," i shrugged. "well...i know this guy and he has had a pretty rough time growing up. because of that, he....he ended up doing something pretty fucking bad...." he started. i could tell it was making obito really uncomfortable to talk about this. "if you dont want to tell me, ill be no better off, obito. its not mandatory that--" "NO! i...i have to tell you. i... i really want to know how you feel about this situation," he muttered. if that wasn't a red flag, then ill never know what is. "oh...kay," i said, not hiding my wariness. he took a deep breath before he continued. "it was actually a few years ago now but i know this guy who did something pretty messed up. it was actually at the frat during the initiation during the first year of its birth. as im sure you could guess, the rules back then were pretty different before naruto took it over. the initiation was....hazing if you will and this particular guy got the worst of it," he said. i could feel the tension building. "basically...he was told to go into a room butt naked. he was too excited about it that he didnt think twice. when he got in there...they held him down and....they had at him...." my eyes widened,"...one by one, all of the leaders at the time had their way with him and this particular guy was especially heinous with the guy. there...there was blood, john. messed him up really bad and.....well how do you feel about that....guy?" he asked. "the whole situation is really fucked up. people come to fraternities to make life long friends. they come to particular fraternities usually cause they had family or friends in the previously and they enjoy the culture. why would anyone go to such a fraternity when they do....that to their new initiates? that means that that is apart of their culture. if it were up to me, id probably disband the entire fraternity and lock up all the leaders on rape charges," i said. "really?" he asked. "really. as in i want them to each have the same treatment as that poor guy. may they all be held down and endure the same harsh initiation ritual," i said.