The Wattpad Rants: 'Update... Now!'

I have so many rants about Wattpad so whenever you see 'The Wattpad Rants' in the title of a chapter just know that it's going to be a (probably very long) rant about something on Wattpad.

So before I begin ranting, I want to say something. Of course I'm touched whenever someone asks me to update my books because I know that they are probably just enjoying the story- this chapter isn't about these type of people.

This rant is about the passive aggressive people who tend to bug you time and time again about when you're updating... And even when you have updated recently- they still comment things like 'Update... Now!' Or 'Update!!!'

My main issue with comments like that is that, to me, they seem very forceful. Another issue I have with these comments, which tend to come up more in fiction books, is that I ALWAYS have an update schedule which I publicise to all my readers. So I'm only going to update on those days, not whenever someone demands me to update.

As any writer on Wattpad will know, writing chapters and living a normal life is extremely hard and finding time can sometimes be a chore. I'm already extremely stressed when I see that I haven't updated in two weeks- I don't need someone adding extra stress by reminding me 24/7 that I haven't updated in a while.

Comments such as 'Update' are difficult to reply to as well, but when you're a new writer and fairly undiscovered on Wattpad, you feel the need to reply to every comment.

So guys, to conclude, next time you feel the urge to comment something like 'Update' or 'Update now otherwise I'm deleting this book from my library' maybe give the writer of the book some feedback and politely say at the end 'Could you possibly update soon?' 

Rant over... For now.