Fear And Its Grip On Us All

Today at school we had this really great talk from the youngest British woman to climb Everest, and what really stuck with me was something that she said.

'What harm can it do to send that email or make that call? For those 99 times when someone won't respond, there is that 1 time when someone will.'

And it really got me thinking about how I've always been too scared to make big decisions, to go and actively follow my dreams and instead just let them remain fantasy. I'm too scared to send that email to a publishing company, or to a newspaper, because I'm scared it will be rejected. But at the end of the day, isn't it those rejections and mistakes which make us stronger individuals?

I've also been watching this YouTube channel recently (which is so cool and I highly suggest you check them out) called 'Yes Theory'. Their ideology in life is that you should always face your fears and live life to the fullest, and it's shown me how much you can achieve by just letting go of all inhibitions.

I want to be a carefree person who has the confidence to pave a way for myself in life, but I have this intense fear of something going wrong. At least I can control the fantasies in my head, if they ever materialised I don't know how I would react.