Storytime: My Crappy Lovelife

Look I know none of you care about this at all but I need to rant out as much as I can. So a few months ago I started talking to this guy, let's call him Brian, who I've known over social media for a while. And me and Brian got on like a house on fire, and I really wanted to meet up with him and hang out because we live so close (this isn't a catfish story, like he goes to the school next to me). But he was always busy, but he seemed to share the same interest as me in meeting up and we began to plan stuff.

I shared a lot of personal stuff with Brian and I mean a lot, stuff I hadn't showed anyone else, because there was a huge amount of trust between us. But then Brian goes and slaps me in the face (not literally because we haven't met yet, and whose fault was that?) by telling someone that he doesn't have time for girls at the moment despite making it quite clear that he was wanting to pursue a relationship with me.

So now I was confused. Did Brian want a girlfriend, or was he just talking to me for a fun time? I ended up getting in a huge row with him where I basically asked why he had led me on for so long, and he replied in such a patronising manner that I couldn't stand to talk to him. After stopping talking to him, I decided that he really wasn't as perfect as I had made him out to be in my head.

He was quite dull most of the time, and grumpy as well. He would often reply to whole paragraphs with 'yeah' or 'okay' or 'cool', and never made a massive effort to make conversation. So I decided that I really didn't want to be with someone like Brian who only wanted to talk to girls online but not actually go as far as meet them.

And I had forgotten about him, until today. Today I caught my bus as usual, my brother's friends talking loudly amongst themselves as usual, sometimes talking to me. Suddenly a figure stands up, and I assumed they were going downstairs because of the noise but I see this boy get off the bus and that's when it hits me. It's Brian. He had said before sometimes he caught the same bus as me, but I had never actually seen him on it.

It was obvious that he had got off the bus, miles and miles away from his house, because I had got on. So I messaged him asking why he did that, and so began this massive web of lies about things I knew weren't true. And then I realised that I had been so stupid to ever think this boy had liked me. And I felt so stupid that I had liked him.

So yeah, I guess you could say my love life is going great. This probably sounds so petty, but still, I needed to rant about this because I am fuming right now.