2017

So I know I'm kind of late to doing the whole 'recap of 2016 and what I hope for 2017' thing that I've seen other people do on Wattpad, but hey I'm only like a day late.

So 2016 was a pretty crap year for the world in my opinion, and I'm going to be pessimistic and say that I don't think things are going to get much better soon, but let's hope for the best I guess. I was quite glad to see the end of 2016, it's been an up and down year for me and without going into too much detail, the downs have been huge downs and the ups have been pretty minimal.

2017 is here, and I just hope that something this year will happen that will be a huge game changer. Maybe ISIS will stop their attacks, maybe everyone gets equal rights, maybe scientists will find a cure for a deadly disease.

Personally, this year is going to be huge for me. I have some massively important exams this year in May which I am quite terrified for, and in fact in a week I have my mocks (which are like pre-exams that help you prepare for the real exam) that I am not ready for. I'm turning 16 this year as well, and that's quite a significant birthday I guess.

2016 has gone. I'll not be surprised if in 20 years kids are learning about 2016 as the year where 'people fought against the government' in their history lessons. The year that was quite sh@t.

2016 was the year where we seemed to shield our eyes from the atrocities of the world and focus more on the Kardashians and who was dating who. 2016 was the year where people fought back against the government and made rash decisions that may or may not change the world we live in completely. 2016 was the year that many people lost their faith in humanity.

I hope that 2017 will be the year to change all that. I hope that in 2017 this world becomes a better place.

And I hope that I somehow manage to pass my Latin exam.