Exams. More Exams. And Some More.

So I feel really bad that I haven't done like more of a serious rant in ages, so comment any rant topics you want me to rant about.

Anyway, tomorrow I have my first mocks which are English Language and my Spanish Oral assessment, and I'm trying my best to stay calm and not stress but it's really hard because I feel so underprepared.

Why I hate about exams is that fact that most of them are just regurgitating information that you've memorised, and there are only a few subjects that actually require to think for yourself for a bit. Like take biology, for my syllabus, if I learn the textbook off by heart I would probably get close to 100%. But I'm not that great at memorising things, so that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Exams create this copious amount of stress and I don't know why I'm so afraid of these pieces of paper, especially when the exams I'm going to be taking in the next week or so don't actually contribute to anything, they are just preparation for the real exams in May.

I gave myself a pep talk today which although felt extremely weird, was actually really helpful. Maybe I just need to have more faith in myself and then I'll do well. Whenever I stress, I just forget everything I've learnt so I'm going to not stress out.

On the topic of exams, does anyone have any tips on how to do well in speaking assessments for a language that isn't your first language? I have mine tomorrow and while I know quite a lot of vocab, I'm not great with understanding Spanish when my teacher speaks to me. Any quick tips that will help me?