Why Do I Feel So Confused?

Sexuality. It's something that most people question in their lifetime at least once. Something I've been questioning for a while now.

You see, as an impressionable child with straight parents, I just thought that I would automatically be straight as well. But in the past few years, I suppose as I've become more involved in the Internet, I've been questioning what I always believed.

Learning about the LGBT+ community and all the sexualities there are, it's made me confused about what I am exactly.

All around me I have people who claim to be 'bisexual' except most of them are only saying that because it's what's considered 'cool' or 'trendy'. I asked someone who said they were bisexual if they would ever date a girl and they said they wouldn't which confused me because surely being bisexual means you WANT to date both boys and girls. I don't know, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

At the minute, I identify as a pansexual and that doesn't mean I'm attracted to pans. I looked up on google the difference between being bisexual and pansexual and this is what came up.

The dictionary states the definition of bisexual as: "sexually attracted to both men and women". Meanwhile, the definition of pansexual is: "not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regard to gender or activity."

So basically I'm up for dating anyone, of course taking into consideration emotional connection and attraction.

But that's not set in stone I guess, it will probably sway and change as I get older. Who knows.