I Refuse To Be Scared

I'm not sure how many of you heard what happened in Manchester last week, but as a result of a terrorist attack at an Ariana Grande concert twenty two people lost their lives. Twenty two innocent people, an eight year old girl even.

I sobbed when I heard the news, I cried as I watched the videos and interviews, and when I heard about the victims. Two terrorist attacks within the span of a few months in the UK, a sign that is supposed to scare us.

But I refuse to be scared.

I refuse to let groups like ISIS make me cower in fear and stay locked up in my house because that is exactly what they want. I will not let these attacks create a divide rather than coming together.

Islam is not the problem. The suicide bombers are. ISIS is the problem.

I refuse to let these events scare me from enjoying life to the fullest, although of course precautions have to be made. Yesterday I went to a music festival, and I could almost feel some apprehension in the air at points. People wondering if anything could happen.

Love conquers hate. More hate will not stop these evil acts made to scare us. It is times like these where coming together is the only way to solve these problems, we cannot allow them to tear us apart.

I will be not be scared.