#PrayForLondon

So if you weren't aware, London was hit today by an attack thought to be done by a 'lone terrorist' who was shot dead by a policeman. The attack took place on Westminster Bridge where the attacker drove a car into pedestrians and stabbed a police officer I believe. So far four people have died and others are in a critical condition.

This is so close to home. And I hate to say that I am terrified that it will be my home city next, a place only an hour and half away from London. It's so easy to get caught up in the hashtags and social media posts when it comes to these things happening in other countries but when it's so close. So close to home. It's terrifying.

But what's more terrifying is the responses from some people on sites such as Twitter. People are using this event as an opportunity to preach their ignorant hate against Islam, and saying some really horrible things. I don't know if it's been confirmed whether this attack was coordinated by ISIS or any extremist group; not much has been confirmed. But seeing some of things people have said has made me feel really sick to my stomach.

Suddenly everything has become so real. Tomorrow I'm sure that everywhere will be on high alert, and I have the feeling that this is only the start of something much bigger. Not more terrorist attacks, but I think some people's true sides will be shown in the aftermath of this event.

I started writing this rant book because of an issue that happened in my city, one that turned out to be more complex than I guess I made out in that first chapter titled 'Asking For It'. And now I am writing about this, another event so close to home and so utterly heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor victims of this tragedy. Violence and hatred is never the way forward.

If you're in London please stay safe, avoid the areas the police have said to not go to.