White Feminism

For anyone unaware of what 'white feminism' is, I googled a specific definition which simply is:

'White feminism' is the feminism that doesn't understand western privilege, or cultural context. It is the feminism that doesn't consider race as a factor in the struggle for equality. White feminism is a set of beliefs that allows for the exclusion of issues that specifically affect women of colour.

And what I've noticed recently is that a lot of people around me who call themselves 'feminists' simply ignore the struggles that POC and women in the LGBT+ group have to deal with. If you can't acknowledge the fact that other women suffer more severely and are subjected to more prejudices than a white female, you aren't a feminist. You are a 'white feminist'. A feminist believes in equality for all women which means acknowledging the issues for all women, and if you only focus on the issues white women deal with, WOC and women in the LGBT+ community will not be equal.

As a white, cis female, I am fully aware that I have it pretty good. While still being oppressed and prejudiced against in certain ways, I still have it so much better than others and if I ignored the struggles of others I would be being ignorant and frankly stupid. It's my duty as someone who calls themselves a feminist to help fellow women of all backgrounds to gain equality, helping them through things that I may not go through.

Equality is for everyone. Regardless of race, sexuality, gender, religion- regardless of anything.

If you still don't quite understand I'll leave some quotes from Rowan Blanchard who I personally love.