Donald Trump

Ok so I'm going to try and make this rant concise but still expressing my views on Donald Trump, because frankly I could rant about him for hours upon end. So if you feel like I've missed bits out, it's cause this rant will probably be the first things that come off the top of my head.

So, I didn't make a rant about Donald Trump when he was first elected as president of the USA mainly because I was both far too angry and also too upset. But now I feel completely composed enough to write a rant that will sound somewhat educated and logical (I didn't want anyone commenting that I'm just some hormonal teenager that has no clue about the world).

My main issue with Donald Trump is that embodies nearly everything negative about humans: he's sexist, he's racist- he's a bigot in other words. And what's scarier is that he has this massive following of people in supposedly one of the most developed countries in the world. A majority of the world looks up to America.

Every time there was a scandal about him, every time he said something stupid, every time he did something so obviously wrong, I really thought that it would mean the end of his support. But apparently not.

It made me sick when I heard the final results, and no one can predict the impact that his presidency will have on the world. Hopefully, he'll retract all his extreme policies like everyone is saying he will. Hopefully.

It just feel like this is such a step backwards, America is going from the first black president to a man who wants to ban a whole religion from a country, wants to build a wall and thinks sexual harassment is perfectly acceptable.

It's scary, it's really scary to know that a man who can't handle criticism on Twitter will be in charge of nuclear weapons. He'll be in charge of a nation. Why are we letting a reality TV star run a country? How did we get to this state where this is completely normal?

I think what made me almost tear up on the day the results were announced was when my friend, who is a Muslim, came up to me and simply said 'does this mean that I can't live in America now?' It had been her dream ever since she could remember to live in New York, and the idea that should could be denied of that because of the ignorance and stupidity of some people made me want to start crying.

First it was Brexit, now Trump. The people have decided- 2016 is probably the year that will go down in history books as the start of it all. Think I'm being overly dramatic?

I study history, I studied the rise of Hitler, a man that we see as pure evil in our modern day world. I'm not saying Trump is Hitler BUT they used similar tactics to gain votes- fearmongering and feeding off people's unhappiness with their current government. Look at the comparisons, look at how similar Trump is to the men in history we see as evil and then tell me that I'm being dramatic. I'll be waiting.

Request anything you want me to rant on.