I Need To Be Stopped

No I haven't suddenly become RiceGum, but I feel like if I write this out I'll feel more obliged to stick to the promises I make to myself and my family. I cannot stop buying books. I become obsessed with projects. And I need to chill out.

Currently sitting on my shelf are 42 unread books, and on my phone I have a list of books I want to buy that probably counts up to 60+. I have zero self control when it comes to books, like zero self control. Yesterday I bought two new books because they were £1 each- like that is not a valid reason when I already have 40 books to read at home.

Even when I tell myself to stop, I find myself logging onto https://www.abebooks.co.uk (great website for secondhand books, not great when you have no self-restraint like me) and buying two more books. I don't even want to know how much I've spent on books.

Okay, and here's the other thing I need to stop. I still have three GCSE exams left, and yet I think and plan more about my summer projects than I revise for my exams. That's not normal. Why are my priorities so skewed?

I am a bit of a hermit, and a bit of an information-junkie so as sad as it sounds my summer is going to be spent studying topics that interest and making notes. School hasn't forced me, I just really like learning. Don't judge me. I like finding out about new things. I will socialise as well... Well maybe.

So here I'm going to pledge to buy no more books until I read all of the ones on my shelf, and even as I write this I know that it's not gonna happen! xD