An Open Letter To Anyone Who Has Ever Pointed Out My Flaws

Dear asshole,

I know I have acne. I do not need you to point it out for me. I have eyes.

And you know what, I woke up this morning and was actually overjoyed to see that my acne had calmed down, and now I feel like crap. So thanks for that.

I know I'm not a size 0. I know my jeans are bigger than yours, that my thighs jiggle when they run and that my stomach sticks out.

And you know what, I woke up this morning and was actually overjoyed that maybe I was learning to accept my body, and now I feel like crap. So thanks for that.

I know I'm not sporty, or artistic or particularly good at anything really. I know that I'm not special in that regard.

And you know what, I woke up this morning and was actually overjoyed that maybe I was coming to the realisation that I didn't need to be the best to do my best, and now I feel like crap. So thanks for that.

I know I have glasses, that I do my hair in a weird ponytail, that my face is rounded and my skin is blotchy but guess what? I'm learning to accept that about myself, so you're going to have to accept it to.

Sincerely,

The person who is no longer going to put up with your shit.