The Wattpad Rants: People That Ask For Editing When They Don't Need It

So if you didn't know, I have an editing service which I've reopened and occasionally I get messages from writers asking about it. I've made it clear in the past that the editing service is for people who actually need it, people whose writing tends to be a bit like:

I said "hey" and like he was totally into me so mcuh and we hung out for a really long time before he went to bed and then I said "night night lil one". We woke up and it was the mrning and we ate food on plates...

You know, pieces of writing that would benefit from my editing and where I'd have some work to do. Instead, I tend to get requests from people whose books have literally NO grammatical or spelling errors and it kind of infuriates me because if you know your book is perfect, don't request for someone to edit it.

9 times out of 10, the requests I get are from people who don't need their books editing. Please don't ask me to edit your book if it doesn't need editing because it just takes up a ton of my time. Editing takes a long time, and there is nothing more boring than reading through a piece of work and only finding two mistakes in the whole thing because you feel like you've wasted your time.

If you feel like your book needs editing because someone has pointed out some mistakes, or you are aware that there are lots of grammatical mistakes, then feel free to message me. But if everyone complements you on how well your book is written maybe you don't need an editor.

While I'm on the topic, if anyone feels like their chapters are a bit short, drop me a PM cause I'm great at adding detail to books. I've turned 100 word chapters into 1,000 chapters before.