Sharing My 13-Year-Old Rants

I've always been very angsty, but when I was thirteen years old I was a whole other beast. I think it's safe to say that I hated the world. I had just got a bad haircut, felt like I was a misfit and generally hated most of the world. Normal teenage stuff you know.

I honestly thought my life sucked. I've now adopted a much more positive outlook on life, so when I found an old notebook filled with scribbled down rants I knew I had to show them to someone. It's in part of a notebook which I've labelled as 'A Rant Section'. They're just too funny not to share them, because I honestly sound so petty. So this is me reacting to the 'problems' of my thirteen-year-old self.

A Rant Section

I'm so sick of people trying to tell me what to wear like I have a style that's original to me

At the time I was obsessed with acid-washed jeans and H&M jumpers. I think people were advising me about what to wear for a reason.

I'm sick of people pointing out my spots like I know they're there

Okay this one still rings true. I hate it when people do this.

I'm so sick of boys ignoring me while I love them

Who was I loving at this point in my life? I'm pretty sure I wasn't in love with anyone at this age. Who am I talking about?

I'm so sick of school focusing so much on image

PREACH IT SISTER. Honestly my school only cares about its reputation and the way we all look.

I'm so sick of TopShop being so bloody expensive but the clothes being so nice

I mean I'm not wrong. I was going through a huge stage of loving TopShop at this stage I think.

I'm so sick of iPhones being the only acceptable phone

This is when I was super in denial about how crap my Motorola was. I mean that thing was a brick and a half.

I'm so sick of not being able to spell

Still true. I'm a terrible speller. Thank god for autocorrect.

I'm so sick of being called a lady

Okay, thirteen-year-old Ella. Let's focus on the important things in life now.

I'm so sick of people assuming I'm done when I'm dying inside

This got very deep very fast.

I'm so sick of Nikes and their presence in the world

This one is weirdly specific. What did I have against Nike?

I'm so sick of wearing glasses

Now you hold on there. Glasses make us look simultaneously cool and clever so don't go dissing them.

I found this so funny that this is what I was most concerned about when I was thirteen which was only two years ago but honestly I've changed so much since then. For one I've gotten rid of my horrible haircut which was a mistake and a half. But I'd like to think I am more positive. It's probably quite ironic that I say I'm more positive yet have a rant book.