I Don't Say This Enough

I've had this account for a year and a bit now, and I feel like I haven't really said thank you enough to everyone who has helped make it what it is today. This honestly started as a fun thing to do on the side, and I never expected anything to come out of this. At 1,000 reads I thought I had made it on Wattpad and that nothing could ever beat that; to me the idea of having thousands of reads was just so incomprehensible that I hadn't even thought about getting to that number of reads.

This account has allowed me to finally show who I am, to make books that are fun to write, to make so many amazing friends and speak to people from all around the world. Before this account, my Wattpad experience was so limited and from this account I think I've really gained an understanding about making the most of the platform this beautiful website gives us.

You may not realise it, but your comments honestly make my day. People sometimes send these long, heartfelt comments that make me smile all day, and it feels weird to know that people actually enjoy my ramblings. When I started this account, I never would have thought that people would call me their favourite Wattpad writer or that I'd inspired them and whenever someone does tell me that I actually can't believe it. I've pinched myself many times because some of the things I've read have just been so sweet and lovely.

I still have the mindset that I'm just some corny how-to writer that no one listens to, and I do have to step back and see what this account has become. We've gone from absolutely atrocious covers to semi-decent ones, and broadened our range of books from simply how to books to a whole bunch of random stuff. It's a place I come to express how I'm feeling, share what I'm doing and gain useful advice from you guys.

There have been multiple surreal moments: hitting 200k reads, people creating reading lists just for my books, hitting #1 with more than one book and so many more and I wish that I could go back to tell thirteen-year-old Ella when she started her cringy account (which I will never reveal) that one day she would have books that people loved and that inspired people to write their own ones. This account has surpassed all my Wattpad dreams, and I honestly don't know what other goals to have. Maybe one day we'll hit one million reads, and when we do I don't think my heart will be able to handle it.

So thank you so much. Thank you to commenters, to the voters, to those silent readers (yes I see you, yes I love you), to those who have befriended me despite my weirdness, to those who have just so much as added a book to a reading list. Thank you. I'm just some stupid teenage girl stressing because she got her first grey hair last week (isn't that terrifying?), but on here I feel like I actually mean something.