16 Things I've Learnt In 16 Years

As of last Friday, I can finally say I am sixteen. The big one six. I always see these kind of posts and videos being made on YouTube and on Wattpad, so I thought I'd join in and list the sixteen most important things I've learnt in my sixteen years on this very strange planet.

***

1. I do not suit short hair. That is something I had to learn the hard way, and in the most embarrassing way.

2. People come and go. You slowly drift away from people till one day they're no longer there. You can't get too upset about it, because it happens to all of us.

3. Following the crowd is a loser's game. What's the point of fitting into a mould not designed for you?

4. Dream big but use your brain. There's no point in pretending that I can do things which are physically impossible.

5. Relaxation does not mean failure or laziness.

6. Food is a friend, but it should not always be a comforter. Finding release and reassurance in other places is more healthy.

7. Trends change constantly, wear the clothes that make you feel best regardless of the current style.

8. You will always figure things out. The answer may not be what you want, but you'll always know.

9. Things can change massively in one year.

10. Make time for other people. Let other people into your life and share experiences with them.

11. Say yes to more things. Experiences, crazy adventures and much more are all waiting for me.

12. Perspective is one of the most important things you can have in life. It will stop you going insane.

13. Embarrassing things are bound to happen, it's better to just make a joke about them and move on.

14. Have faith in your own ability to succeed before letting anyone else's opinion change your mindset.

15. An imagination is the most important tool I have been given.

16. Life is a cycle of experiences, seconds ticking by and people moving from place to place. The norm is not for people like me, I need to live in the odd and strange.