Changing Your Life

We're told multiple times throughout our lives two phrases consistently: you can do it or you can't do it. Usually I'm told the latter, that I can't do something because I just can't. Sometimes by other people, sometimes by myself. But I've been trying to change that negative attitude in my head and change my life for the better.

This isn't me going off on some huge long speech about how we all have the power to change the world (we do have that power), but to maybe just let you know that can do the stuff you think you can't. If you think you can't pass that exam you've got coming up, revise for it now. If you think you can't make that sports team, start training now.

We spend so many hours of our life telling ourselves that we can't do things. But what if we can. What if we can change our own lives right now, by finally saying that we can. What if we motivated ourselves enough to finally start achieving those small goals we never thought we could.

For me personally, I've started working out. And for the first time in my whole life I feel like I can get completely fit. That I can feel comfortable in my skin. That I can get the results I want to see. And I've started revising for my exams fully. Believing that I can get all A*s this summer in my GCSEs. I may even start writing a manuscript for a book I've been planning on writing, and for once I believe that I will have the confidence to send it to a publishers. Even if they say no straight away, I know I can take that rejection.

Who knows, with two words you could change your life. Actually scrap that, with two words you can change your life. What are those two words? I can.

Now don't twist my words, there are definitely some things you can't do. Rape, murder, fraud, bullying, abuse- that you can't do. But you can stop those atrocities from happening. Speak up about them, stop others committing those crimes, and maybe you'll be the person to change the world. Change your life. Change your mind.