Songwriting

Believe it or not, I've been songwriting since I was 7. Okay that last statement is slightly wrong. I had been songwriting from the age of 7 till about 13. One minute I was churning out songs like there was no time left in the world, the next I didn't touch my keyboard for 3 years.

Through the medium of songs I dealt with my emotions, things that happened in life, and general teenage angst. So when I stopped writing, I was left to hold my emotions inside me.

And yesterday, at approximately 9:00pm, after watching a good 20 minutes of people singing their original songs on YouTube I decided that I would start writing again.

And so I have decided to embark on something that I'm calling the '365+ Song Challenge' in which I write a song everyday. Music is where I am my happiest, and so hopefully this is going to make me a whole lot happier. Maybe this will inspire some of you to partake, and if you do I would love to see the stuff you're doing.

I'm pretty bad at musical instruments, but who knows, maybe 2018 is the year of music for me.

UPDATE: I have decided to just say f@&k it to life and upload every one of the songs I write onto YouTube. I will be making a book shortly called 'Songs for the soul' in which I will put all the videos but I would super appreciate it if you could subscribe to my channel! The links is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-mab8Azlag_yBNCok2PqVA.