2018

I did a chapter like this when 2017 began (which honestly feels like it was yesterday), and I thought that continuing this tradition would be a nice thing to look back upon. I say nice, the recap of 2016 was pretty pessimistic.

2017 was an eventful year for both myself and the world. In global terms, more and more atrocities were being carried out by terrorists yet in the face of this many of us found the strength to unite and rise up against this terror. In the UK, none of us can forget the tragedy of the Grenfell Tower fire, the result of trying to gentrify and not protect people.

The power the select few have was exploited in this year. You need not look much further than the president of the United States.

But while 2017 could have been a year of fire and Satan's wrath, I feel as though it was more just a year of confusion. Brexit negotiations confused everyone, as did the UK's general election, and it seemed like an odd inbetween stage following the tumultuous and action-packed year of 2016.

For me, 2017 was a good and bad year. In my chapter about my hopes for 2017 I was stressing about my exams. As we know, those went fine. This year I began to embrace myself more and more, going more extreme with my clothing choices and exploring my own thoughts and emotions. In 2018, I hope to continue this journey into understanding myself better.

2018 could be the year in which the downhill slope we're all being pushed into begins to incline again, and things may get better. But with so many problems going on in the world right now, I really have no idea how this year will turn out.