The Things I've Learnt From Wattpad

So this isn't really a rant but I've just realised that I've had this account for around a year so I thought I would make a comprehensive list of the things I've learnt from Wattpad (including stuff I learnt when I joined way back around 3 years ago on another account).

1. That every mistake you make will teach you something new, and making mistakes is actually beneficial for learning. Not everything has to be perfect the first time round.

2. The English language is more complicated than I first thought. My grammar and spelling has massively improved since joining Wattpad.

3. Time management. Learning how to juggle twenty something books and a normal life is harder than it sounds.

4. People aren't scary (usually). Everyone else is just like you, trying to find a place is this messed up world.

5. Not everyone will understand you. They'll be critics and people who don't get you and that's alright. There's no point in getting upset about it.

6. A good playlist is a must have for writing.

7. Don't give up ever. No matter how hopeless you feel, you will always improve if you try hard enough.

8. Don't beat yourself up about the stuff you haven't done and instead look at the things you have done.

9. Being awkward is ok, and no one is going to criticise you for it. Find your awkward friends, and learn how to make friends with the extroverts even though they baffle you slightly.

10. Write what you want, and they'll be someone who wants to read it. Don't stress too much about that read count, it doesn't define you.

11. Your characters will always hold a piece of you in them, look at how amazing they are and see it as a reflection of yourself.

12. Real life sucks, maybe living inside a fiction world for a few minutes everyday is what's keeping you sane.

13. You'll learn how to make an 100 words chapter into 1,000 words by pure waffle.

14. Not everyone in real life will understand you, and that's fine.

15. I think the most important thing I've learnt from being on Wattpad is that writing is my true passion and something that I want to do for the rest of my life.

So here's to one year, I don't actually know when it was officially my one year anniversary of this account but it was sometime recently. To the years to come I guess.