The Wattpad Rants: Stop Dissing One Direction Fanfiction

Not gonna lie this is going to be a long ass rant.

So basically, everyone knows that there is a shit ton of One Direction Fanfiction on Wattpad and, you know, most people either ignore it or enjoy it etc. But there are some people who just decide to bash it completely, saying its the 'cancer of Wattpad' or that it's 'the worst thing they've ever seen'. You know, you must live a pretty good life if the worst thing you've ever seen is Harry Styles as a CEO in a Fanfiction written by a thirteen year old.

Like I get it, some One Direction fanfics are cringy as hell. But you don't need to give them hate for that. I'm pretty sure every genre has its own cringy books, it's not just Fanfiction.

A lot of people have an issue with the fact that there is so much One Direction Fanfiction on Wattpad but like come on people, Wattpad is a place where people can write whatever the hell they want to. Just because you don't write Fanfiction or you don't like One Direction Fanfiction, doesn't mean that you can tell people that it's stupid to write 1D Fanfiction.

Some of the haters haven't even read a 1D fanfic in their life yet they bash all One Direction fanfictions. Grow up. People have different tastes.

Now there will be people saying, why aren't you talking about the hate other fandoms a get for their fanfictions? It's simply because One Direction fanfics get the most slack, the most teasing and the most ridicule.

This just gets me mad, because it's stereotyping a whole collection of books under one label- 'Cliche' or 'Cringy'. Maybe read a few fanfics and you'll find that some fanfics are actually amazingly well written, have complex characters and plots, and are genuinely good books.

Urgh, I'm ranting too much now. I'm gonna stop.