It's Back

I'd like to think I'm quite positive on this account. I urge people to love themselves for who they are, especially when it comes to things like acne. If you've been following this book since the start you'll know that I've always dealt with acne. But for the past year my acne has slowly been going down, and I've been enjoying a relatively clear face.

So to suddenly have two cheeks full of angry, cystic acne which won't go away no matter how hard I try has been the biggest knock to my confidence that I've experienced in recent years. As stupid as it sounds, I had pretty much forgotten what it was like to have severe acne. I forgot about the shame, the comments, and most of all how crap it makes you feel.

It just feels like I can do nothing to stop it. I've literally done everything. And to be honest it's made me feel so ugly. I don't like people looking me directly. I feel like everyone things I'm dirty, or that I've just let myself go.

I think what no one ever talks about when it comes to acne is how uncomfortable it is. I feel so uncomfortable in my skin, I hate anyone looking at me, and all I want to do is hide away. It feels like it's knocked back years and years of building up my self confidence, and honestly I feel so horrible right now.