Abortion

Well this isn't controversial at all... This was a requested topic guys, I'm not deliberately trying to cause chaos in the comments section. But this is a topic I'm very opinionated about, and I strongly believe in my views about this. In my opinion, abortion is as simple as this:

IT IS THE WOMAN'S CHOICE WHAT SHE DOES.

No one has an abortion for the fun of it, they have an abortion because they are physically not ready or not wanting to take up the responsibility of looking after a human being. If a woman doesn't want to have a baby because she doesn't think she's capable, or she doesn't have the income, or the right lifestyle, she should be allowed to do whatever she wants to. What kind of life would that potential baby have if its mother didn't even want it? It would live in poverty, or a substance-addicted house, or with a mother who couldn't look after it properly.

Foetuses can be conceived in all types of situations, and sometimes where the woman was not in control (i.e rape). It is a woman's choice what they do with their body, and that control is and should always be in their hands.

A majority of 'pro-lifers' ignore the fact that some abortions are carried out on medical premises, where the likelihood of the baby surviving is practically null, and that abortions are necessary in cases where the mother would not survive the childbirth.

If abortion was illegal, as many people want it to be, two things would happen. There would be more and more babies growing up in ill-equipped houses and living a life in poverty, and more babies being given up for adoption without enough adoptive parents to give all these children a home. And illegal, dangerous abortions would still occur just not in sterile hospitals where the mother isn't risking her life.

I'm not condoning abortion as a form of contraceptive, and I definitely think that people should use protection during sex if they are not wanting a baby. But it is inhuman to force a fifteen year old girl to bear a child that she cannot look after. It is inhuman to force drug addicted mother to carry a baby that will probably suffer birth defects due to the drugs in the placenta. It is inhuman to force a woman who was raped to carry the child of the man who has ruined her.

A woman's body is her body, and no one has the right to tell her what to do with it.