19

The next day I woke up early and walked down to the shower hall across the street. I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I was desperate for some hot water therapy. I bought out a private one for 3 dollars, and I almost ran to get to it. I hug up my bag full of soaps and turned on the nozzle. Water sprouted from the head and poured on me. I hadn't slept much last night, and feeling such warmth on me was a change from the coldness I felt hours earlier.
I thought about everything that happened yesterday, and felt a little embarrassed that I had put up such a crying tantrum at the studio. It seems dramatic now, but last night it certainly wasn't. I guess having a fight with Anthony dug up some old sadness I'd be harboring. I mean I didn't even care about Anthony that way right?
After maybe 15 minutes, I finally climbed out of the shower stall and dried myself off. I slipped into some leggings and a muscle shirt. I put my small feet into some boots, threw my hair up into a pony tail and marched back to the studio.
When I got there, some of the members from RATM were there with coffee. I didn't bother remembering their names, or maybe seeing Anthony had made me forget. I said good morning and grabbed a cardboard cup full of the black liquid. "You ready to go now?" The band manager, Al, asked me. I nodded my head and watched as they all took their places.
I turned everything on and did my magic.
We were three songs in when the was loud knocking on the door downstairs. "Al, you wanna get that and I'll keep going with this 5th one?" I asked.
Al nodded and took off down the staircase. "Okay guys, keep on."
We were just about to start when Al appeared at the door. "Lilly it's for you." My stomach churned nervously, and I had a feeling I knew who it was. I took off my headphones and skeptically walked down the long staircase to the lobby. Sure enough, standing there was Anthony.
His hands were stuffed away in sweatpants and he had a tired look on his face. Although when he saw me his eyes sort of lit up.
"Hey." I said softly.
"I want you." Anthony said in a demanding tone. His lips were tightly pressed together and he looked more serious than ever.
"Excuse me?"
"I want you, Lilly. I want to talk to you every day again, I want to hear you laugh, I want to listen to you vent, I want to be your friend again and I want to fix things."
In the few seconds before Anthony managed to say that, I had planned a scenario in my head where Anthony rushes forward and kisses me aggressively and passionately, but then I snapped out of it as soon as I heard his voice. You can imagine my disappointment when he said friend. Maybe I did like him after all....
"You do?" I asked.
He nodded his head and gently stepped forward. "Will you forgive me?"
"Of course, if you'll do the same for me.." I said meekly.
Anthony chuckled, and in one swift moment pulled me into his arms for a hug. "You're always forgiven Lilly, even for the most unspeakable sins." I smiled against him as the smell of day-old Anthony Kiedis colon filled my nose. I had never hugged Anthony quite like this, but I could definitely get used to it.
Eventually I pulled myself away and explained that I had to go back upstairs to record.
"Can't you skip and hangout with me instead?"
I shook my head, "No, I'm sorry Anthony."
"Then you can do dinner tonight?"
I laughed softly, "Alright, where? What time?"
"I'll call you later with that information sweetheart. It's nice to see you again by the way. I missed you." Anthony kissed my cheek and then disappeared out the door.
I couldn't believe what I was feeling. There were butterflies in my stomach, and I knew all too well I was getting soft for him. There was no denying it any longer. But did Anthony have feelings for me?