129

I sat in the car beside my dad, holding his hand gently, looking out the window and thinking about what it would be like to walk down the aisle, just as I was about to in a few moments.

"Have you had the burst of butterflies yet, sweet pea?" My dad asked, leaning in and keeping his voice in a soft hush.

"A burst? It was more like an avalanche." I said, smiling slightly.

He laughed, "Well, that's a good thing. It means you're actually in love with him. I had butterflies when I was about to marry your mother, and boy, when she walked down the aisle, I almost blew chunks because of it!!"

I couldn't help but giggle, and then smile into the quietness afterwards. It was a very bright afternoon, with small, puffy white clouds floating against the baby blue sky. There were less buildings now, less cars, and a lot more trees in the skyline and I knew we were getting close to the spot. I took a deep breath and instantly smelled forests and the grand greenery of California.

Our driver turned down a dirt street, lined thickly with trees that resembled redwoods, but not entirely. He went another 600 yards or so and then parked with the other limos and cars that our guests had left to walk down to the wedding. My dad rolled down the window and stuck his head out, probably admiring the quiet and peaceful surrounding.

I picked this spot because I knew it would be awesome. You could feel the Earth, and there would be no interruption but nature, and really, nature is no interruption. It's more of a blessing when something, like a rabbit, scurries across your untrodden path to bury back into its hole. I opened my car door and picked up my bouquet of wild flowers, brushing a single strand of brown hair from my face.

My dad walked to my side and looked me up and down. My dress was an ivory white, with spaghetti straps and beautiful flowing fabric that blew in the wind. The torso of my dress was a lot tighter than my lower half, hugging my breasts and accentuating my curves. (If you want a better visual of her dress, click this link maaaan: http://getweddingconcepts.com/simple-elegant-wedding-dresses )

"You look amazing, Lilly." He said, the forest speaking in his voice.

"Thank you, dad. Now, shall we?" I said holding out my arm.

We walked down a very small dirt path, ringed with beautiful bushes with assorted flowers blooming in their summer peak. They look similar to my bouquet: simple flowers with dark green stems and leaves, few petals the color of a sunset, the night sky and the dawn sunrise.

I could hear a violin start playing, and knew, as my heart started beating faster, I was nearing the crowds of people. A few more steps and I'd be there.

One. Two. Three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten more yards and suddenly the dirt path expanded into a forest clearing and I stepped onto a white carpet of rose petals with my light pink ballet shoes. I moved my head around, peering through the veil at the grouping of people sitting on white chairs with huge pink ribbons attached to the back. I saw many celebrities, and right in the front, my family. Flea, Peggy and all her gremlins, Chad, Clara, Dave, Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike and Dave A.. All of these people were staring back at me, proud and happy smiles on their faces.

As I looked ahead, I saw my prince. He stood tall, with tears gleaming in the forest light as they slid down his cheeks, and an awestruck smile on his face. Anthony was wearing a tuxedo with colors similar to mine, white suit, pinkish tie and three flowers tucked in his pocket.

My belly churned with excitement as my father stopped me in front of him. He kissed my cheek and whispered, "Have a safe flight, little bird."

Tears brimmed my eyes with happiness, and I let go of his hand to stand next to Anthony. His warmth entangled my fingers immediately afterwards.

Words jumbled in and around me about marriage and then when the man asked, "Do you take Anthony Kiedis to be your blah blah blah husband?" My heart pounded.

"Yeah, sure... oh!! I mean, I mean... I do!!" My cheeks flushed red and I smiled to myself shyly as everyone in the crowd chuckled. Anthony giggled to himself and then answered his question with an, "I do."

"You may kiss the bride."

He grabbed me quicker than I expected, dipped me down and pressed his smooth, fiery lips against mine. The crowd began clapping, and Anthony's warm tears dripped onto my cheeks and formed us together as husband and wife as our tongues danced inside each other's mouths.

My entire being changed when he pulled away. I stared at him and saw a burst of sunlight and felt my heart anew with love and laughter.