90

I woke up around seven in the morning to familiar brown eyes. Anthony smiled when I rubbed my sleepy eyes, and then pushed several stands of hair out of my face. He softly kissed my nose and then glided his hand down my side where it stopped on my hip, rubbing small circles with his thumb.

"Good morning Lilly." He said, clearly happy to be able to say that again.

"Good morning, Mr.Kiedis." I said, equally as happy.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not really." I said quietly as I felt the soft linens.

Anthony pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around me lovingly. His warmth radiated through me, making me feel very peaceful but also greedy at the same time. Being in bed with Anthony and not having sex was definitely a hard job.

I placed my hand over Anthony's heart and felt the repetitive thuds that thumped inside his ribcage. He smelled like cologne (not colon hehe) and not the cheap kind like a lot of the other men I'd slept with. Anthony smelled like the best things on Earth: cinnamon, fresh cookies, flowers, a rainstorm, or even Febreeze.

Other than the birds chirping outside and the sound of people going to the beach, it was quiet.

" What are you thinking about?" He asked twirling my hair.

I laughed softly. "Just how I feel very comfortable waking up to you. When I'd wake up in a stranger's bed whom I'd had sex with, I felt hungover, even though I wasn't. I like waking up next to you, it seems right."

I looked up and saw Anthony briefly smile, trying to hide a chuckle that vibrated in his body.

"Yes, but we didn't have sex."

"It doesn't matter, Anthony." I began, "All that does matter, is that I feel right waking up next to you."

He looked at me and traced my cheekbone with his thumb.

"It doesn't feel right, it feels perfect."

I smiled and snuggled against him more.

It was silent for another moment, and I began thinking about what this all meant. Anthony and I had made up, I guess, and he was now holding me tightly in his bed. I wondered if it would be like this for another 60 years.

"You were my god, Anthony." I said quietly, but somewhat sad.

He fingered my hair, "And you my goddess."

"And for the longest time you were the very devil to me. I'm still trying to figure out who you are now."

"You are still my goddess, Lilly. Now, and until the day I die."