113

I walked from the bedroom into the lounge area where Anthony was sitting Indian style on a couch, his eyes closed and a very serious expression on his face. I sat down on the floor in front of him and watched him carefully, without making a sound.

After a while, my breathing became loud and Anthony no doubt felt my presence. Without opening his eyes he said my name.

"Lilly, why are you watching me?"

I smiled. "It's hard not to watch a man as beautiful and interesting as you."

He let out a relaxed, peaceful sigh and opened his eyes, to cover me with its brown color.

"Now you know how I feel, a woman like you is meant to be looked at."

I crawled into his lap and kissed his eyelids.

"Do you stare at me, then?"

He licked his lips, and I forced myself there to restrain my lust.

"Most all the time. You are euphoria in human form, Lilly. I see other men stare at you too."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and we sat there holding each other for a few minutes until Anthony broke the silence again.

"Would you like to go down to the beach?"

I looked down at him and raised an eyebrow.

"So I can drown in the water?"

"If you want me to die as well."

A smile spread across my lips. I was so bound to this man.

"I want to look at the stars." He said rising from the couch, and setting me back down.

I watched him go to the bedroom where he grabbed a few throw pillows and a rather large earthy green blanket.

He stared back at me, studying the silky white romper I was wearing. He smirked, and then moved to the door where he slipped on a pair of manly flip flops, as he called them.

I forced myself up, and followed him to the door where I neglected shoes. Barefoot was the way to go.

Anthony led me out of the room, the hotel and to the shore. He spread out the blankets and pillows and then plopped down quite comfortably. He pulled me down next to me, and turned my head gently to the sky.

We star gazed for a long time in complete silence, but again, Anthony broke it.

"Lilly, do you remember waking up in my hotel room all that time ago?"

I turned my head and fell into his eyes. "Yes."

He stayed quiet for a bit longer, and eager to hear what he was thinking I asked. "Why do you ask?"

"I think about it a lot, how young our relationship was, how little we knew about each other, and how the feeling in my stomach then was painful."

"Painful?"

"Because I wanted you. Ever since I first saw you Lilly, I knew that I had to have you. Corny, I know, but I questioned whether someone like me could be with a woman like you, a woman who was the meaning of starlight. I can tell you now that when we had breakfast together that morning, I thought about what it would be like to kiss you every second then and every second after until I did. Now that I've tasted you, and felt your skin, I don't think I'll ever get enough of it. At night when you fall asleep first, guilt eats away at me because of all the fights I've started and how badly I damaged our relationship with my greed for women and drugs. I realize now that you're probably the only thing I need in life. I don't think I'll ever want anything else but you, now that I know what it feels like to have you, and then to not, and what you look like when you cry, because just the sight of that kills me more than you know. You care about the world and everyone in it, and it's one of the most attractive things about you, other than the fact that at the same time you're okay with punching someone in the dick for offending you. I'd do anything you wanted me to, I donate all of my money until I'm out on the street begging for it, or I'd find a way to make so much of it you can wipe your ass with it." He tried not to laugh at that part, but he continued, "The point is Lilly, you've someone that is willing to spend the rest of their days living for your existence and obeying you, and that person is me. I want nothing more than to be with you, Lilly Kinks. I'm in love with you."

I looked at him, with tears brimming my eyes and I saw Anthony for who he was. Someone who was looking for love, like everyone else, and needing it perhaps a little more.