46

I woke up the next morning in an empty bed. Confused, I rolled around to look at where Anthony had slept. Placed neatly on the pillow was a note card with Anthony's beautifully inscribed handwriting.

"Meet me at The Breakfast Nook on 33rd Ave. at 10:30. "
I checked the clock on the nightstand. 9:45.
I had a little less than an hour to meet him. God mother fuckers.
My shower lasted maybe 8 minutes, which greatly agitated me. No one fucks with me and my showers, except for Anthony maybe.
Supporting yourself, by yourself, is a lot of work, and you find that chocolate cake and hot showers are the only therapy you tend to get.
I changed into some beat up jeans, my converse, an Iron Maiden shirt and threw my hair into a sloppy bun. By the time I finished with this, it was 10:00. I slipped into my jacket and ran out onto the streets to hail a cab.
After 15 minutes of this, one finally pulled up. Fucking New York City you know?
I climbed in and told the driver the address which he followed out with.
When he pulled up in front of the place, it was 10:23. Just made it.
It was a pretty tall building, with two floors, the second being the roof. You could literally sit on the roof and enjoy breakfast. Fancy, fancy.
I walked in a got some odd looks. I guess normally people who went to this place were somewhat high class. As I looked around I saw a lot of elderly woman sipping orange juice in champagne glasses, dressed in pastel dress suits.
They saw me in my ripped, black jeans, my Iron Maiden shirt and my dark eye liner, and probably had a little vomit rise in their throats.
I didn't care though, I'm 10x cooler than them.
The hostess lead me up the stairs to the roof level and showed me over to Anthony who was patiently waiting.
He saw me, and nearly knocked his chair over trying to get up.
When I had made the 10 feet mark, he ran towards me and hugged me tightly.
I took a deep breath, and the familiar scent of his cologne filled my nostrils. It was kind of the way your mom always managed to smell so wonderful.
I remember when I was little, I'd always steal my mom's perfume because it smelled so good; never managing to smell as good as her though.
I sat across from Anthony and sipped the black coffee he ordered me.
"So, how are your cuts?" He asked.
I looked down at my elbow and slid my finger across the Hello kitty bandage. "Okay. They hurt really bad."
Anthony nodded and took a gulp of his coffee, then gazing around the roof.
An awkward silence fell across the table, which didn't happen often between Anthony and I.
"Nice place." I said finally.
He nodded again, and then stopped to stare at me for quite some time.
When it had gotten to the maximum level of communicability, I snorted.
"What's so funny?"
"You keep staring at me!"
"It's hard not to Lilly! You're gorgeous."

Anthony's POV

I watched Lilly blush and fiddle with her thumbs. "Am not." She said finally.
I reached across the table and took a hold of her petite, plae hands and held them in mine.
She had taken out her hair and it fell around her shoulders and face, ending just below her breasts. Her beautiful, beautiful, beautiful hazel orbs watched me intensely, as her thick, full eyelashes fluttered up and down like butterfly wings.
Her pale skin reminded me of midnight, the only time when you were left with the most intricate feelings. She had freckles underneath her eyes, and angel kisses here and there, but other than a few scars, her skin was clear. Not a blemish, pimple, etc.
She had straight, pearly white teeth and perfectly light pink lips that were a danger to kiss. They'd purse every once in a while, and spread up towards the heavens when she laughed or smiled, which she did often.
Lilly also blushed constantly. She'd blush if you bumped into her, she'd blush if she stuttered on her words, she'd blush if she made you laugh, she'd blush if you complimented her. It was the most adorable thing about her. And when you'd tell her that, she'd blush.
She averted her eyes from me, and let go of my hands as the waitress interrupted my observations with our orders.
I ordered some kind of shitty healthy wrap, and Lilly ordered three giant chocolate chip pancakes (which she told me were her favorites), hash browns, and a cup of fruit.
She looked over at my plate and laughed. "You can have one of my pancakes, don't worry."