Chapter 4: Hybrid

Hey Welcome to this chapter. In this one there is a fight with magic. It isn't crual or I think so at least but I will make a note their. Enjoy it and at the end you get so see someone new. 

Mark POV

Furiously I stood in front of my friends and my mother, who were obviously ashamed. "Come on, say something!", I shouted. I felt like a toddler whom no one would like to explain things. My mother breathed deeply in and raised her head again to look me in the face. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Finally her voice echoed through the room: "Mark, our people, the children of the light and shadows, created Parmera to keep humanity out of this fight. Humans can't see the portals to Parmera. Only we can enter this hidden magic world with the portals, which we are able to locate at any time with our magic. Luckily the escaping demons can only breakout in the hidden world, where the seal has been placed long ago. The barrier which divides the worlds can't be broken easily and demons need a lot of power to get through it. The answer why we never told you about this was out of personal and important reasons." "And what were these reasons, which were so good to hid what is sharing my body with me!", I screamed further.

With a sigh she continued: "Well, you will find it out soon anyway. You... you are very special Mark. Out of fear I held back your Demon Side as long as it was weaker than my magic. I simply didn't want to lose my baby in this dangerous world." With this sentence she cry more and Wade laid his hand on her back. //"WHAT?! YOU PUT ME IN THIS CAGE?! I WILL ... HEY, MARK WHAT ARE YOU DOING, LET ME GO! "//, complained Dark. Though I was angry at them, I didn't want them to get hurt. So I held my demonic half caged in my thoughts. I knew he won't like it, but what other choice remained. //"Dark, it is enough! I can understand you, however, she had probably her reasons and she never hurt you, did she?"//, I tried to calm him down.

He sighed, but he let his rage grow pale. During my conversation in my mind my mother got herself back together. "Mark, your friends and I, we three are priests.", she explained with a little bit more frim voice. //Häh?/ Häh?//, thought my second half and I both at the same time. Apparently my mother saw my confusion and spoke again: "Ha, ha, I know. You ask yourself why you have a Demon Side and not just magic. It is due to the fact that your father had a Demon Side and his parents were a normal human and a demon, which had surived all those years after the war. Sweetheart, you are a hybrid. You have light and shade in your body. That was another reason why I tried to hide you, because the imprisoned demons would hunt you. They think with a hybrid's soul they could destroy the seal and the barrier, which keep them locked away." //"Dark, you haven't known this, have you?"//, I asked in my thoughts. No answer. //"Dark?!"//, I shouted out again and now I heard his voice.

//"No, but now some things make sense for me. That is why our room of thoughts was split in light and darkness. This is why I have felt so different around another Demon Side, when they went past us. I was able to feel their presences. Mark, can you remember how you could identify the emotions of others as a child? Or how you have known if a person just played friendly, but was actually a mean guy? "//, wanted to know my demoniacal side now. He was right, it was like this. I held it only for coincidences or strokes of luck back then, sometimes even instincts. "Hey buddy, everything okay with you? You look like you were in deep thoughts.", gave Bob anxiously from himself, which is how he got my attention back. I said surprised: "Oh, I only picked some pieces together from my childhood... I...I also wanted to apologise. I have overreacted and that was wrong. You had your reasons."

"Sweetheart, is it able that ... that you can tell me the name of your partner, please?", came it over the lips of my mother. I briefly giggled as I saw Dark his expression before my inner eye. With a smile I answered: "He is called Dark." "Dark, hehe, it fits perfectly. Ahem, but I get distracted from what I actually wanted to do. Dark, I'm ... I'm sorry that I locked you up and that you had to suffer due to my actions. However, I only wanted to protect you both. Both of you are my children, even if you share the same body, but you two have your own personalities. So, please, forgive me.", my mother apologised. //"Uh, I ... I don't know what ... Mark? Can you let me go please, I would like to talk with her personally. Don't worry, I won't hurt her."//, insured me my Demon Side. I hesitantly let him out of my body after waiting for a few seconds. I also stared at my shadow, which slowly disappeared.